Stubborn Peanut Removal

I had my windows and rear windshield tinted about 2 weeks ago, and the rear had around 5 peanuts on the defrost lines after day one. I was able to work them out completely with my thumb after 3 days with relative ease, but one will not sit. I'm in the Midwest, so it's cold (though I park in a heated garage), but I can't tell if it's moisture that's still there, or if the adhesive is gone totally. What happens though is I chisel it with my thumbnail and it sits for a minute, but slowly works its way back up. If I have to live with it, I will, and I'm not going to ask for a re-tint (there's also a few fuzzies, but nothing too bad), but hoping there's still a chance I can work this out. Maybe I messed with it too much by now? Thanks in advance. 

IMG_8894.jpg

I let them know after day 1 and they said they'd look at it again after a week. Since I got them out myself really easily except this one, I was going to wait until the end of this week and stop by if it's still an issue. The risk/reward for a redo isn't there for me to be honest, but I know they'll try to touch it up if it's an issue.

I know they're called peanuts because I researched a lot before posting!

One unorthodox effort would be to carefully create a small slit next to and parallel to the defrost line and then carefully press out that half of the peanut. Fingernail must stop at the slit. Repeat on other side of defrost line with even more care not to disrupt the tiny amount of film over the defrost line (between each slit). This allows the stubborn pucker to grab the glass surface as opposed to grabbing the defroster material. It also seals off any air feed along the defrost line to the affected area.

I've done this with success and without damaging the small amount of film between each slit, nor causing any damage to the defrost line by way of razor blade use. A steady hand IS an absolute.

@Ryker I'm in the Chicago suburbs, so it hasn't been sunny much at all. I'll try this a couple more times and see if the sun helps, though I'm parked in a heated garage. What about a hair dryer? I don't have a heat gun @Tintguy1980 I saw this method posted here before; will try if nothing else works and if the shop themselves can't get it out.

12 minutes ago, prostcfc said:

@Ryker I'm in the Chicago suburbs, so it hasn't been sunny much at all. I'll try this a couple more times and see if the sun helps, though I'm parked in a heated garage. What about a hair dryer? I don't have a heat gun @Tintguy1980 I saw this method posted here before; will try if nothing else works and if the shop themselves can't get it out.

Good plan to let the shop attempt to clear this up.

I took it back to the shop. They heated it and tried to put it down, but it slowly popped back up. They did offer a re-do and were nice about it, but I'm going to live with it, and try again periodically. Not worth the risk of further issues, and this is the only peanut. In talking with them, it didn't sound like they do anything in particular to prevent in the first place, so it could be worse if they do it again, and I might not get so lucky with only having one small one remain.