Wrapping Pontiac G8

Currently wrapping the G8 satin black, wrap is from vinylfrog, i have done two doors and two side mirrors so far which have taken me a long time multiple hours, it has been simple but stressful but i am very confident with the knowledge and tools i have.
this is my first time ever wrapping ever so am learning day by day and decided it to do it by myself because of the cost it is to have it done professionally.
i have accepted that scuffs and visible marks are going to happen because i am doing it myself and of the natural world destroying my vinyl.
I have noticed some pretty big "scuffs" not sure what to call them, i have washed it, rubbed it with my hand, post heat, etc and it isnt coming off, they are almost like scratches but they have no texture or indent or anything its flush with the vinyl, also above me door handle it is shiny also have done most things i know of to get the shininess off, i had a hard time above one of the door handles and im sure that is why it is shiny but the marks?

Does anybody with vinyl wrapping experience know anything about this or know a forum or group i can take this to, i have looked for some forums but have been unlucky. 

IMG_0803.MOV - video of scuffs

That looks like a scar from a squeegee stroke. The spot over the handle looks like it was preheated unevenly or over heated when sinking the door cup area. You might use some liquid carnuba to condition the film and diffuse the appearance. SprayAway glass cleaner has some silicone like product in it that works decent.

Film likes to be warmed evenly just a bit after taking off the liner to relax it, but it doesn't need to get really hot. That will help keep the surface texture more uniform. 

Over all it looks pretty good if that's something you don't do everyday.

First time ever wrapping and i am very happy with it but am a little disappointed with the visual scarring and shining spot, i will try those products you listed. thank you man

and i am assuming the "liner" that you mentioned is the paper/plastic behind the wrap that is sticking to the adhesive?

Edited by Bracken.G8

5 hours ago, Bracken.G8 said:

and i am assuming the "liner" that you mentioned is the paper/plastic behind the wrap that is sticking to the adhesive?

Correct. 

You wouldn't be the first to pull a piece off and replace it. Those things happen. I pulled a piece off yesterday because I thought I had dirt/dust under the film. Turns out that it was dirt nibs in the paint, on a new car even. 

If you want some really good vids on color change, CKwraps on youtube has about the best without any bs.

I think some of the older vids were a little more detailed. Sometimes I'll put one on in the background just to see some different install theories.

:beer 

Maguires products are pretty good for what they are. Use the quick detailer spray if you're worried. I've never wasted a dollar or the 'wrap care' products. Plenty of markup and hype sold to fragile egos. Ive used about every chemical I've had within reach over the years. Stay away from any solvent or harsh degreasers, including alcohol, and you'll be fine.

19 hours ago, Dano said:

That looks like a scar from a squeegee stroke. The spot over the handle looks like it was preheated unevenly or over heated when sinking the door cup area. You might use some liquid carnuba to condition the film and diffuse the appearance. SprayAway glass cleaner has some silicone like product in it that works decent.

Film likes to be warmed evenly just a bit after taking off the liner to relax it, but it doesn't need to get really hot. That will help keep the surface texture more uniform. 

Over all it looks pretty good if that's something you don't do everyday.

also had a question, getting rid of the visual mistake i made is one thing but how do i prevent these things that you mentioned such as the scar and over heating, any tips to make it more smooth of an install.