Desperately need some solid pointers on my rear window and windshield strips

Hello one and all glad to be here ive been tinting recreationally since i was about 18 I’ve got my side windows down pretty legit but it’s the windshield stip (8”) per colorado law law and rear glass rusty always end Up botched front the cut is what I struggle with and thr rear getting it stretched  out smooth w/ massive fingers what techniques does everyone employ in doing so? My new used b car 07!-“accord has like 30 in the rear and front i have rolls of 5 and 20 i feel Like it would be a good idea to pull up merchant folded over doublet pull up the window make a perfect cut and then I’ll have both my front windows done at the same time and then install them I don’t know if I wanna take the end off and start over or try and double it up I’ve never done that before some of my work nothing to write home about just needed to cover my tools so idont temp would be theifs to smash and grab

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

21 minutes ago, TrueColoradocustoms said:

per colorado law law and rear glass rusty always end Up botched front the cut is what I struggle with

You could use the factory straight edge for the visor strip, but it will sag on the sides. There are a couple of techniques to get the cut to match the line of the top. 

23 minutes ago, TrueColoradocustoms said:

thr rear getting it stretched  out smooth w/ massive fingers what techniques does everyone employ in doing so?

The film will need to be heat shrunk to conform to the compound curve of the window. You might do well to watch a couple of YT videos to see if this is something you really want to attempt. Since you aren't worried about flaws etc, I'd say give it a try.