Need help with wrinkles/creases

I have been wrapping my pontiac g8 for the past month everyday i have off i usually wrap another panel, i have learned and researched a lot and see how it has become easier yet it still takes me 3-5 hours to wrap just one panel, usually i am doing great but hit a roadblock which is a spot where there is major curvature on the panel and i have to slowly lay it down and squeegee it out, but there are hundreds of small wrinkles but on other parts of the vinyl it lays down fast and easy with no wrinkles or creases, am i doing something wrong, i understand i may be laying it down not the best way but i have researched so much and understand how to lay it down but when it comes to my car its incomparable and extremely difficult, is there any advice on how to reduce this or even prevent this from happening.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z6fURjJ4jud3WuYPkHVU3ifnleTVErfc/view?usp=share_link

Looks like you started at the wheel edge on used too much heat...way too much. Satin films don't need alot. 

I would recommend that you "glass" the film, as in try to streach it as flat as you can on the whole panel before you squeegee it. Also start your squeegee strokes in the middle and work your way towards the edges, over lapping your strokes as you go.

CKwraps on youtube has some excellent, straight ahead install vids if you want to see it made simple.

1 hour ago, Dano said:

Looks like you started at the wheel edge on used too much heat...way too much. Satin films don't need alot. 

I would recommend that you "glass" the film, as in try to streach it as flat as you can on the whole panel before you squeegee it. Also start your squeegee strokes in the middle and work your way towards the edges, over lapping your strokes as you go.

CKwraps on youtube has some excellent, straight ahead install vids if you want to see it made simple.

well since i do know satin is a delicate vinyl i actually switched to using my thumb instead of a squeegee since it sometimes leaves marks on the vinyl, i watch CKwraps all the time and actually is where i get all of my information, i did glass it out as best as possible, the G8 has a pretty big wide body fender from factory which is a pain, i did the driver side in 3 hours smh which was my fastest panel so far but failed the passenger panel because of the finer wrinkles and how the vinyl wasnt sticking. what is the best method to laying the film down and where should i normally start and how do i divide the panel up into like corners or? I have made beginner mistakes which i have learned from and have failed two panels one was with my friend, first time wrapping with him and i am not shaming him at all but he did cut it short so failed that and i failed the fender.

On 1/30/2023 at 8:33 PM, Dano said:

Any tips for my recent quote to your message?

You would need to see it done properly. Maybe find a CK vid of him wrapping a mustang fender or something of similar shape to witness how to glass it and where to start laying it down. He does some good bumper and inlay work as well.

13 hours ago, Dano said:

You would need to see it done properly. Maybe find a CK vid of him wrapping a mustang fender or something of similar shape to witness how to glass it and where to start laying it down. He does some good bumper and inlay work as well.

So i all i have left is driver side quarter panel, rearbumper, two doors, driver and passenger side skirts, passenger fender, and the front bumper which i plan on taking that to someone who will do that for me, its a gxp bumper so i dont want to mess it up lol

13 hours ago, Dano said:

also i had a question sir, satin isnt a talked about vinyl as i have seen, am i able to bridge a gap with satin, i know you cant with chrome.

Satin is a happy medium between gloss and matte. It looks like matte but has more uv inhibitor, doesn't hold so much dirt. Also seems to last longer/easier to keep clean.

I think Avery has the best satin films from an installers perspective.