BG black border!

Guest drscotty14

Guest drscotty14

I just tinted the back glass on an Alero. the tint did not stick well at all on the black border. is this what all the glue hype is all about? I though the glue was only to get the tint to stick in between the dots to the glass. is the glue used to stick the tint to the black border and dots or in between the dots onto the glass? :thumb

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the rough solid black/brown border found on many cars right?

yep, it won't stick on it. you can put glue dots every few inches and it will be allright since it will stick to the glass anyhow.

Guest metint
you shouldn't have any problem with tint sticking to the frit if it's cleaned properly.

:thumb It's necessary to remove the layer of outgased :lol /oxidized material from the surface of this ceramic border before window film has any success of sticking. :DD

And I don't mean scrubbing it down with JOY... :lol Contact the tech service department of your film supplier (if they have one :DD ) and ask what chemical they seggest is best for prepping this ceramic border. :beer

Guest Blade

I never use glue around the black border edge. Just the matrix.

And I don't mean scrubbing it down with JOY

metint's right........use Dawn! :beer All I ever use for cleaning is either Johnson's baby shampoo or dawn! And I don't have any problems with the borders. :thumb

Guest expertint

We've had problems with some Fords esp..escape and focus.We're trying Llumars X100 to help get the border to stick..when it peels back we shoot some mixed x100 solution in it and that can work.sometimes and if the customer comes back after it is dried we use glue stick..hope that helps Blade my friend

Archived