Do any of you measure the roll length?

This is an adjunct to my topic on being able to use all of your 100 ft on a roll.

Q. Do any of you question/check what length of material is actually on the roll supplied? I will often mark a lineal tally of usuage as I cut through the roll on one machine edge.

As I use it, I use a piece of masking tape cut to the shape of an arrow to note the aggregate with a biro and shift this arrow with a new amount each time I roll the film out.

It is a system quite handy to let you know exactly how much you have left on the roll.

Devil

Guest Blade

We have deduction sheets we keep in each roll. As we cut film from the rolls we mark it off on those deduction sheets. It's a good way to know and keep track of what we've got. :beer Simple and effective. :thumb

Guest thetintshop

I just always assume there's a 100' on each roll when I get it.

nobody ever screws me when I buy something, all manufacturers and distributors are peachy keen in my book.

Guest cool

I've never measured a roll but I have heard of people who weigh a new roll and weigh after a job done so they know how much they have used.

BTW I have noticed on some rolls of 20" ( I get a 60" roll cut 20:20:20) are not always a true 20" due to the fact that the roll probably moves about when it is being cut :thumb

My father in-law used to weigh the roll new subtract the core weight and use some decimal number to figure out how many square feet were left on the roll. I could never get it right but I can call him and find out exactly how it is done if your interested. He used a regular kitchen scale and the method was really accurate.

Just order another roll. When the roll your using runs out and you start using your back up roll order another roll that day. You'll never run out because you've always got it in stock

I just peal and stick and look on the rack and make sure there is always more

Not as accurate as the weighing method but it is the one I prefer to.

The weighing method was a way for my father in-law to keep his installers honest. At least the non family member installers that is. :thumb

Archived