Help me pick?!

Hi, I at crossroads with picking window tint for my car. I am set on getting a ceramic film, but the options are so many that has me confused but have narrowed down to 4. 

Here are they....

Xpel XR: $422

Autobahn Black Ceramic: $385

Llumar CTX: $375

3M Ceramic IR: $375

All 3 installers are listed on their respective brand sites.

This is for my personal car. I want to pick best performance for $.

Thanks!

Edited by you_rock

High dollar quotes may be representative of; 1) high overhead costs or 2) wanting to stand out in a crowded field through a price illusion of having the best. Most all 'ceramic' films in the industry come within 5 or so percentage points of each other in terms of TSER. The amount of difference is trivial in comparison to overall performance, while occupying the car.

Write each one down on a small piece of paper, put them in a bowl, and blindly pick one. Then, get an idea of what their workmanship looks like by visiting their shop, what the product might look like on your vehicle, and what might be their service history rating from online apps. Workmanship outweighs all other factors.

I cannot pick for 'you'.

8 minutes ago, Tintguy1980 said:

High dollar quotes may be representative of; 1) high overhead costs or 2) wanting to stand out in a crowded field through a price illusion of having the best. Most all 'ceramic' films in the industry come within 5 or so percentage points of each other in terms of TSER. The amount of difference is trivial in comparison to overall performance, while occupying the car.

Write each one down on a small piece of paper, put them in a bowl, and blindly pick one. Then, get an idea of what their workmanship looks like by visiting their shop, what the product might look like on your vehicle, and what might be their service history rating from online apps. Workmanship outweighs all other factors.

I cannot pick for 'you'.

Xpel shop has been around for more than 15yrs

Llumar and Autobahn one around 4

3m probably around 15+ too. But there was one review questioning the authenticity of film. So staying away from it.

So probably out of Xpel, Llumar ans Autobahn

7 hours ago, you_rock said:

Xpel shop has been around for more than 15yrs

Llumar and Autobahn one around 4

3m probably around 15+ too. But there was one review questioning the authenticity of film. So staying away from it.

So probably out of Xpel, Llumar ans Autobahn

How long the shop has been around helps but the work they do is more telling.  There are shops I know that have been "around" longer than I have but I was killing them in quality from the start.  Here I am 24 years in. 

Go look at the work they do. 

IMO, 3M Ceramic IR is going to be the best option based on the performance and price. It outperforms CTX and the Autobahn Black Ceramic. Xpel XR Black matches the TSER on some shades but lower rated on others along with lower IR rating. Obviously, the shop quality is more important as these are all good films.

On 4/1/2023 at 12:48 AM, DynamicATL said:

IMO, 3M Ceramic IR is going to be the best option based on the performance and price. It outperforms CTX and the Autobahn Black Ceramic. Xpel XR Black matches the TSER on some shades but lower rated on others along with lower IR rating. Obviously, the shop quality is more important as these are all good films.

On 3/22/2023 at 5:50 PM, Ryker said:

How long the shop has been around helps but the work they do is more telling.  There are shops I know that have been "around" longer than I have but I was killing them in quality from the start.  Here I am 24 years in. 

Go look at the work they do. 

Thank you for the reply! I got my car tinted with Xpel film. Just had one more question. Is this gap look good(see pic)? Also in the rear window the gaps are uneven. I know they did computer cut.

p.s. I have another car with less gap than this. 

20230402_135918.jpg

On 4/2/2023 at 6:24 PM, yourock said:

Thank you for the reply! I got my car tinted with Xpel film. Just had one more question. Is this gap look good(see pic)? Also in the rear window the gaps are uneven. I know they did computer cut.

20230402_135918.jpg

Gap photos are hard to judge since it depends on how close you are to the glass. I've seen photos that look huge, but when you step back a foot or two, it is completely normal. I would take another photo at least 1 foot away from the glass.

On 4/2/2023 at 4:24 PM, yourock said:

20230402_135918.jpg

The Shop might be around for 15 years, but the Xpel film has only been around for about 4-5 years.  That gap is likely due to that film not being very user friendly and the film got stuck when applied and the shop didn't wan to mess with reapplying.  I would of recommend Llumar film of your choices. I've been in the industry for 30 years.