RMS power handling 400 watts each sub

peak power handling 800 watts each sub

sensitivity 85 dB

4-ohm impedance

top mount depth 5-3/4"

sealed box volume 0.375-1.75 cubic feet

1-year Sonic Electronix warranty

Price : $179.99

or should I just keep this 1200 Watt RMS Power Acoustik 12" Sub that I got and buy a nice amp to push all 1200 watts ?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, I'm not a fan of the RF lines anymore, except for maybe the power HX2's. either way a 12 if gonna move more air than a 10 so, in theory its gonna get louder. the 10 is gonna have better sound quality. so do you wanna bump or do you wanna listen to solid music. if you want both might I suggest resonant engineering or adire or eclipse or elemental designs or digital designs

Guest mfgirbaud05

I just wanna bump. I wanna get whatever speaker has more bass. So you think its worth the extra 20 dollars for the 12"s ?

if you wanna get louder get the 12's but if you wanna get really loud get the power series if you are dead set on fosgate. If you want your car to pound with very few penny's and have a really nice classy lookin sub check these guys out www.edesignaudio.com they are based out of a town near me and I have personally heard all of their subs. They also make badass amps due out rather soon. Ohh yea, that price is atrocious by the way. 200 bux for that sub is insane. check ebay or www.thezeb.com or www.ikesound.com those elemental designs subs will kick the shiot out of those fosgates all day long in both fields SPL and SQ. you could also check out eclipse's entry level subs. if you are gonna pay 200 bux for a sub why not make it a good one. BTW how man subs are you going to run?? and do you have any wiring experience??

Guest mfgirbaud05

im going to run those two 400 Watt RMS subs to a 800 watt rms @ 2 ohm amp. and yes I have a little bit wiring experience. but u sure 200 bucks aint a good deal. it comes with a Rockford Fosgate box too. on other sites its $150 - 200 per speaker. n I looked on ebay for those speakers already and im not gonna get them no cheaper than 200. n even if I do they are not gonna come with a box.

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1486 looky what I found

Make your own box as well, it will probably sound better

these subs will kick the shiot outta those rockford too

http://www.edesignaudio.com/kv2.htm cheaper too

Build your own box, it's cheaper and if done right you can make them better than fosgate or qlogic. if you need help with boxes let me know, I can help, also with a desicion. where the 200 bux comes in is mostly in the box, they'll charge ya 50-75 bux for a damn box, 1 sheet of 4x8 ft MDF is 30 bucks, so even if you fvck up you can redo it. keep me posted :dunno

Guest mfgirbaud05

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1486 looky what I found

the site I was gonna order that from has that speaker for $120.00 and the shipping is cheaper. im just gonna get those RF 12"s with the box because I dont really feel like making a box I dont wanna $%#@ it up , I wanna professionally made box... and that box that comes with those speakers is even RF. thanks anyways though... but if you can find this amp " Rockford Fosgate Punch 801S " for cheaper than $285.00 let me know. Thanks

Guest mfgirbaud05

well actually I am gonna get two of those speakers that u put on that site.

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1486

but I am getting them off of ebay for like $175 or sumtin like that. both speakers are 500 Watts RMS and I am going to have that 1000 Watt RMS @ 2 ohm RF amp hooked up to it. So what kind of box should I get for them. Should I make my own or do you know a site with a good box that wont break for a pretty good price ?

make your own. just look in the manual and see what the box size should be SEALED. I don't think you can handle buildin a ported box just yet. then after you see the cubic feet the box need make your dimenions. so if you need 1 cu ft per sub 14x14x8=1728=1cu ft. in order to get the cu ft of your sub take lengthxwidthxheight. then divide by 1728 and that will tell you your cubic ft. you also have to bring into consideration speaker displacement. so after you add everything up subtract the speaker displacement volume. Now do you know how to wire DVC subs?? its not just plug and play ya know. now I enclosed a pic for you to go by when building a box. as for wiring you are gettin dual 2 ohm subs?? if so wiring options are kind of limited to 2 ohms, look for dual 4 ohms then you can play a little bit more :lol so if you have any questions about the pic let me know, also where are you at?? if you are close I could just build ya one :spit

Archived