Rockford Fosgate

Guest mfgirbaud05

Guest mfgirbaud05

im pretty sure I know how I am going to wire them subs if I get them. I am going to have a 1000 Watt RMS x 1 @ 2 ohm amp......... and each sub is 500 Watts RMS so if I wire the subs at 2 ohms they will both get 500 Watts RMS each. but here is a pic of how I think I have to do the wires. tell me if its right.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are correct :hmmm are you going to try to build your own box?? if so pick up some stuff called liquid nails at ace. put it wherever wood meets wood, then predrill the holes then screw it together. the liquid nails is an extremely strong bonding agent for wood, it also seals the box so there are no air leaks :dunno questions??

Guest mfgirbaud05

naw im just gonna buy a box I dont really have time to be making a box when I will probably just f*ck it up anyways. and plus I wanted to get one with neon lights in it. think you can help me find a nice box for two 12" with neon lights in it ?

Guest mfgirbaud05

wait.... I just found this RF 15" Sub 500 Watts RMS for $87.00.... think I should get two of those instead of the two 12"s cuz wont the 15" have more bass than the 12" and the 15" are dual 4 ohm. will I be able to get a 2 ohm load if I had two of those 15" subs ?

15's will be substantially louder than 12s (more cone area to push the air) with dual 4's you can go to 4 ohms and 1 ohm with 2 subs. if you get a 1 ohm stable amplifier which I would do (class D monoblock) you will be able to get more power with less heat. Check out the Hifonics Brutus 1000D on ebay. I think they are like 200 bux and have full warrenty and put out 1000 watts at 1 ohm. I have th 1500D model and I am in love with it. Extemely reliable, better connections than the RF amp you were talking about, has blue neon logo, and is Class D. You would be much better off with this amp rather than the RF one. Now do you know how to set your gains?? you can't just turn them all the way up or you'll blow your subs or fry your amp or both. Let me know :spit

Guest mfgirbaud05

no actually I dont know how to set my gains I was probably gonna turn everything half way up. but I found those 15"s with dual 2 ohms so im not getting the two dual 4 ones. so you think those two 15" dual 2 ohm subs (500 watt rms each) would go good with that RF 1000 watt rms x 1 @ 2 ohm amp ? I dont really wanna go with that Hifonics Brutus 1000D because I want everything to be the same brand

Guest mfgirbaud05

and I got a question for you about when I wire two dual 2 ohm subs to a 2 ohm load. u know how I have to hook up a pos to a neg on the same speaker, do I just do that with a regular speaker wire, do I twist the 2 wires together or do I just use one thin wire.(because u know how a speaker wire has two dif wires on it, do I just twist those together or what?)

Guest mfgirbaud05

ok I am bidding on ebay for this 15" RF sub. in the description it says Rockford Fosgate Punch HE2 15in RFP4115... but in the pic it has a pic of a Rockford Fosgate Punch Z 15in RFZ3415... and this is what the person put about the things he sells..... "As with all liquidation products this is sold 'as is' and what you see in the photo is what you are bidding on. " and the 15" in the pic is a piece of sh1t I think its only 300 watts peak or some sh1t. n I dont wanna win the bid and end up buying that sh1tty speaker in the picture... heres the link to that item, take a look at it. tell me what u think I should do.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMEBI%3AIT&rd=1

Archived