Huper & Vkool

I have not worked with any of these films yet.

I understand the advantages include: great optical clarity, high VLT, low reflectivity and high heat rejection. However, when one considers the disadvantages: very high film cost and extra time in installation (PS and sealing edges), is it really worth it?

Also, aren't these films really just oxidized metals and not really ceramic? Also, the spec sheets don't reveal the absorption rate which I understand to be very high. If so, another disadvantage would be possible glass and seal failure.

For the normal consumer that does not have the big bucks, it seems the best value are the regular films. What are your experiences and thoughts? Which do you rate better in terms of the film and support - Huper or Vkool?

Thanks tint people!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintslut
Also, aren't these films really just oxidized metals and not really ceramic?

Thanks for the Link MEtint :evileye, I didnt want to search around for that damn thing.

Now back to your question. V-kool, Huper Sech/Drei contain a silver oxide,

with a sputtered corrosion inhibition layer (as Vista Vs-60 most likely does)

Huper Ceramic contains no Oxides, Nitrate only.

While the statement can be made that some films may contain some ceramic (nitrate) components, they also contain oxides, which would classify them as an oxy/nitrate compostion.

Oxide's are always trying to change , they are not inert.

Nitrate's are inert compounds, they will not change .

Which Compound would you rather have in your Film ?

The mansion people are the cheapest, lucky to get em to bite on Panorama let alone Huper. :thumb Flat is still nothing more than a change of pace to me, I hate selling, and I really don't care for all the ladder work, or working in peoples McMansions. :beer:evileye Someday maybe I'll get into it more, but I've said that for years. I'll take commercial work all day long, but that residential stuff ain't my bag.

Guest tintslut

OT, do you really want your obituary to read, " he died in the backseat of caravan,

whilst applying the dark sticky stuff to the windows"

It would be more glamorous to read " he died, falling off a ladder , headfirst into the coffee table " :evileye

OT, do you really want your obituary to read, " he died in the backseat of caravan,

whilst applying the dark sticky stuff to the windows"

It would be more glamorous to read "? he died, falling off a ladder , headfirst into the coffee table " :lol

:lol:nope But really....on a somewhat serious note...I've seen WAY too many lives get fked up falling from ladders. My dad (13 feet on his head on a marble floor) My cousin(10 feet on his head on a brick patio, steel plate now in face) fellow tinter( 25 feet, stepped off scaffold, broke back, sells comic books now) All got real messed up. :lol:evileye And these aren't careless rookies in their jobs. :thumb If I move more in to flat, it won't be me doing the work, and I've done some wild stuff in the past hangin film. :beer

Archived