Huper & Vkool

Guest tintslut

While putting up some 15 mil last summer, we had the Safety Officer for our

building SPAM.

He mentioned he investigated 3 deaths from falls off a six foot step ladder.

This was while we were slapping the film up with the aid of a SIX Foot step ladder,

not the kinda shizz you want to hear while trying to do your job safely :evileye

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
allow me to scare everybody

sl*t.

I don't believe you are up there that high. That's seriously @^*+$# high for Pete's sake. I've never seen a tinter make those heights. :thumb

I'm with OT.... a scaredy cat and loving it.

If I had some sort of brain fade and had to take a job on like that, I'd only do it with specialty scaffolding equipment.

devil

Guest H?perOptik

hope you charged a premium for the risk you took... tho I'm sure some of us will feel that its not worth the risk no matter what you charged :thumb

Guest metint
Man..I wish I had some pics of some of the crap I've done. But what you posted there, even though we've all done similar stuff without fear, can end up not so good.

I once bid on R&R film job at launch control KSC, Florida in the 80's... submitted my bid, but pulled at the 11th hour... did not want to R&R from a cherry picker as high as 50 ft. with the glass sloping 26 degrees away from me... Exterior, on the coast with a constant breeze... :thumb

The coolest thing I ever tinted was the crawlers that take the shuttle and (other space vehicles) out to the pad... they have control boxes at each end for the operator that were all glass... even then it was a three story stair climb to get to the box... :thumb

Been as high the same as sl*t's pick... only once. :poke

Archived