Huper & Vkool

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In all the years I have installed film, I have run into two flat glass jobs with a true failed adhesive. One was 25 years old and the other 12. The older was three letter and the other was sg.

I have run into countless jobs where the film had to be removed. When bidding on the jobs, I check to see if it is delaminating or is it the adhesive failing. I can tell you I have found many dry adhesive films delaminating. I would say it was even when you compare ps verses dry.

I prefer to remove PS. I will over bid dry because I do not want to worry about damaging the glass when removing, or the guys shoving their hand through the glass while scraping. Old dry gets gooey and slimy and sometimes require a solvent to remove.

It is not the mounting adhesive that fails, it is the laminating adhesive that fails.

As far as being a gorilla to install these films. Two of my guys are over 6' tall and weigh less than 170 lbs. They have no bulk on their bodies and install these films every day, all day long.

It is extremely rare that we get a call from a customer because there is moisture in the film after two weeks. Summer only takes a few days.

Bottom line is two things with that customer. The installer didn't press out enough during installation, and the customer kept it out of the sun.

Guest tintslut
However, when one considers the disadvantages: very high film cost and extra time in installation (PS and sealing edges), is it really worth it?

For the normal consumer that does not have the big bucks, it seems the best value are the regular films.

Thanks tint people!

hey you friggin moron, why dont you run down to the local WALMART and buy that cost effective CP product, GILA. Stick it on everything you tint, and pass on the savings to all your trailer trash customers who are only concerned with

PRICE.

Very high film cost yes, very high profit yes. more installation time NO. If you take your time and do a good job, there is no more time involved than SG330 or N1020.

Many un educated people will try to put their two cents in after this post (so be it), but the fact is:

At this time , there is no better film to apply to a window to reduce heat and fading without blocking visibility on the market.

The question is: can the customer afford it and if so is it monetarily beneficial??

:beer:beer

What's next Porcelan!

I have been in the window film industry for 28 years and have heard it all and tryed them all.

"My film is the best"

Give me a break, they all have thier good points and bad.

The only way you will succeed in this industry is to be honest to your customers and supply them with quality workmanship and good products.

I just won a bid against huper with bekaert films, the price was not an issue.

:hide

Archived