Concord Window Film

On the other side of the coin is all rolling billboards (the professional has done) that give reason to buy film. :thumb

I hope the good ouweighs the bad in the public mind. If you are a potential customer, it's sure a reason to ask the right questions when you're in the market for tinting. However, most of the time, the first and only question for most auto tint customers I talk to is..."What do you charge to tint a_____?"

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me sgne for I cannot get a simple answer on this board...your old, now renamed HPW G35 DPS car film, was it ever:-

1. A high performance car film?

2. A metalised film?

3. An "A grade " first from your plant?

If so, then why has this product had so many premature film ageing problems?

Specifically, adhesive failure, optical clarity shot and total fading out to clear?

All in some cases as little as a year and don't tell me it was because of the harsh sun exposure and only a batch.

Devil

Guest pewterss
The Facts About Concord Window Films:

In the course of our normal professional distribution operations, we have occasion to be in posession of anywhere from 50-200 opened rolls of window film at any given time. This is to be expected for a variety of reasons.

We publish a list of open roll and partial inventory on our professional web site and sell many of the rolls to our professional customers with a comprehensive factory warranty.

Still, we are generally unable to liquidate all of the materials in this fashion. This is perfectly good inventory, but there are not always compatible or sufficient orders in the system to clear all of the stock from our warehouses.

A large percentage of the professional installer base is unwilling (understandably) to take on jobs from 5-40 sq/ft. In those cases where they do, they often have minumum charges which are more than some homeowners can afford.

In order to prevent a conflict, we sell the films with no warranty. There is also no guarantee that you will find the exact roll of film you are looking for.

The overwhelming majority affluent homeowners with large houses and disposable incomes rely on professional installation crews. For the smaller jobs, or cases where money is an issue, they can log on to Concord, buy a small amount of quality film and take on the project themselves.

These films are not FTI "seconds". Concord is not owned by FTI. It is owned by Sun-Gard Northeast/West, an independant distribution partner incorporated in 1984.

Many of our professional accounts sell their remnants to local retail customers as well. It makes good sense for them (and for us) to liquidate excess inventory in this manner. If you are not already doing so, you may want to consider this option the next time you get a call for a quote on a job that is below your personal minimums.

If you are a professional installer and you operate your business within our area, you are welcome to browse our partial inventory list and purchase these films with a comprehensive warranty.

We did not purchase any links on Tintdude. While most of content on this web site is targeted to professional installers, there is some do-it-yourself traffic as well. We believe that Tintdude is an excellent resource in terms of technical knowledge and purchasing guidance, for the professional as well as the do-it-yourselfer. Keep up the good work, Tintdude.

Concord is neither the first, nor the only source of do-it-yourself film. Concord is a safe, secure, smart and reliable place to buy a small amount of good quality film. It ideal for small projects done on a budget.

Respectfully,

H Paritsky, CEO

Sun-Gard Northeast/West

www.sun-gard.com

sounds good to me :uh

Guest areyouthetintguy?

devil....I was refering to the comment by the "concord guy".........not a big fan of him.......wouldnt trust him with a 10 foot pole......in one of my previous posts I spoke of losing a $5500 job....well .........Bingo..I will say no more

devil....I was refering to the comment by the "concord guy".........not a big fan of him.......wouldnt trust him with a 10 foot pole......in one of my previous posts I spoke of losing a $5500 job....well .........Bingo..I will say no more

Ooooh that hurts RUTTG.....I bet you don't buy his product anymore...understandably. :evilgrin

These distributors will never learn....biting the hand that feeds them.

Devil

RESPONSE FROM THE "CONCORD GUY"

Please forgive my delay in posting a reply. Although I am a big fan of Tintdude and a proponent of the free and open expression of ideas and opinions, I am at best an infrequent visitor to these boards.

As of the time of this posted reply, we are aware of more than 4 other major domestic manufactuers whose films are now available directly to consumers not only online, but through retail channels such as Lowes and Home Depot.

If you are basing your selection of a film supplier on whether or not they sell a small amount of film directly to consumers, your options are becoming increasingly limited.

I can not speak for the other DIY direct suppliers but I would imagine that their selling patterns probably correlate very closely to Concord's. The average order we see is for enough film to cover 2 sliding patio doors.

We have never processed (or even quoted for that matter) an order large enough to be associated with the $5,500.00 lost job mentioned in a previous post. In fact, if we were ever approached with such a situation, our advice would be to immediately consult a pro. It is just not a good idea to perfom an installation of that size on your own. We regret that you lost the job, but you may have simply been underbid.

As far as the HPW G35 DPS:

That particular product designation was retired many years ago.

Improvements in the quality of raw materials available to our industry have afforded all manufacturers the oppourtunity to increase their quality, durabilty and handling characteristics.

We respect our competitors and never "talk down" their products to make a sale. On this note, I much prefer the posts on TintDude that are more technically oriented and less about mud-slinging and finger pointing. This is probably why I am not so frequent a visitor to these boards.

Keep up the good work Tintdue!

Respectfully,

H Paritsky

Sun-Gard Northeast

Sun-Gard West

Archived