XPEL WINDOW TINT shrinking

I recently tried out the xpel film and it was a lot different than what I'm used too, other films I have used include Avery Denison, when applying heat it becomes normal smiley faces that I can just push down without any tension and feels smooth, but today when shrinking the xpel film I kept getting these long tense smileys that felt extremely stiff but could be pushed down with a hard card, I usually prep in the H pattern, and I use soapy water and then wipe it clean and just let it dry, could that be happening today because the surface didn't fully dry and was damp? or that's something exclusively with xpel film

It happens from time to time, usually when you don't have enough soap or there's a spot that's not quite dry and the film grabs the glass. It's super easy to crease when that happens, I usually just lift it and let it settle back down to reset and then continue on. Gotta be careful not to overshrink it too. 

Try asking XPEL what they're doing that the quality isn't consistent.... they won't know since they get the film overseas!  Lol!!  I tried it, didn't like it one bit. Been filming for 30 years and that's gotta be near the worst film I've used for the price.

6 hours ago, Jerry Hernandez said:

they won't know since they get the film overseas! 

Name something that doesn't come "overseas" in part or in whole on the industrial market. 

Should I trust the Korean products? Chinese? Vietnamese? US? India? Germany? Japan?

How many of the companies in each location are using their own source materials in their final products?

I think thou doth protest too much. 

1 hour ago, Dano said:

Name something that doesn't come "overseas" in part or in whole on the industrial market. 

Should I trust the Korean products? Chinese? Vietnamese? US? India? Germany? Japan?

How many of the companies in each location are using their own source materials in their final products?

I think thou doth protest too much. 

I'll name two things, just for you... SolarGard and Llumar.  They make their film in the USA. Let's do a 3rd one, Weathertech, a 4th Bak Tonneau covers.  I got more if you're interested. What I was pointing out is that XPEL is full of themselves and their window film isn't that great.