How to shrink film on windshield?

I’m trying to learn to tint so I can do my own vehicle and possibly other peoples if I can get the hang of it. I’m on attempt #4 trying to shrink the windshield, I’ve gotten pretty much the whole windshield now pushed out to the edges but then whenever I get close to the edge it just doesn’t seem to shrink nice or push out the bubbles and eventually just melt it and cause creases and it likes the curl up on the edge so it doesn’t lay flat. I’ll attach pictures kinda showing what’s going on. Any tips for a newbie beginner? This is on a 22 gmc Sierra too so it shouldn’t be that hard of a window to do.

IMG_4460.jpeg

IMG_4464.jpeg

IMG_4461.jpeg

Ok that might help me I’ll try that later. Looked like he the got the corners first then moved toward the middle I was doing the opposite. Also should this all be done completely dry or do you wet the underside on the windshield to help hold it down? I tried both ways not sure what the best way is

There are a bunch of different ways to do it. Wet, dry, baby powder, dryer sheet residue, laundry starch, 2 gun Ryk shrink, Mdog soap method and on and on. The film behaves differently with each one. I don't think I've ever seem 2 people do it the exact same way.

Put the heatgun down and step away from the vehicle. You are going to crack a windshield and then be like most tinters and won’t ever tint a front windshield again. My advice for front windshield dont do them until you are very good at the rest of the car. The front windshield is a laminated glass that has many weak points from rock chips etc. Care is needed during the shrinking process. Also it is the only window on the vehicle that gets eye banged everyday. 

I can see that you are shrinking sideways and that tells me exactly your level of experience. There’s a reason tinters charge the most for a front windshield as compared to all the other windows. 

“Put the heatgun down and step away from the vehicle.” Sounds like a cop giving commands. Im going to start a Tint Policing. I’ll show up and bust you trying to dry shrink or applying films I dont approve of. I can just see the news story…”Local Tinter Tased and shackled while Dry Shrinking.”