Haze after Llumar IRX install

Have had many vehicles tinted and have used various films from Suntek, 3M, Solargard and Xpel over the years. This is the first time having Llumar IRX or any Llumar branded film. 

Only 48 hours in but I never recall seeing the amount of haze I’m seeing with this stuff. Also noticing very intense uniform vertical bands when looking through the window with my sunglasses, like the roll of film was creased? I don’t know. The whole thing seems a little off. 

Looking for any advice and experiences with this film. 

Thanks

Is it the windshield or side windows?

window film is technically sunglasses for your vehicle or home. Looking through it with polarized sunglasses will give you a fuzzy vision feeling. Let it dry for a week and take off the glasses when you drive. 
why would you wear sunglasses while in a vehicle with tinted windows?

hope this helps. 😎

15 hours ago, drtint said:

Is it the windshield or side windows?

window film is technically sunglasses for your vehicle or home. Looking through it with polarized sunglasses will give you a fuzzy vision feeling. Let it dry for a week and take off the glasses when you drive. 
why would you wear sunglasses while in a vehicle with tinted windows?

hope this helps. 😎

Exactly.  Much like most polarized sunglasses make it impossible or hard to see heads up displays.  If I use sunglasses that allow me to see the heads up display I don't get this effect with the window film.  

RTB -

1st time ever having a windshield tinted (previous cars has comfort film) in the pane.

Xpel Ceramic - even in late summer install  going into early-mid fall, kinda wanna say it took like 2 - almost 3 months and the haze I was seeing disappeared on it's own. I was thinking it was LAH, but I guess maybe it takes that long to dry out . I did not notice this haze on the side glass but then again, I'm not driving looking out the side windows.

On 6/5/2023 at 1:09 AM, readthebook said:

Have had many vehicles tinted and have used various films from Suntek, 3M, Solargard and Xpel over the years. This is the first time having Llumar IRX or any Llumar branded film. 

Only 48 hours in but I never recall seeing the amount of haze I’m seeing with this stuff. Also noticing very intense uniform vertical bands when looking through the window with my sunglasses, like the roll of film was creased? I don’t know. The whole thing seems a little off. 

Thanks

Without pictures of what you speak of, which would be near impossible to capture those issues in a picture, it's best you take it up with the shop that installed it.

On 6/5/2023 at 12:09 AM, readthebook said:

Thanks

Do you sit closer to the glass in this vehicle vs previous cars? 911 instead of an f-350 or something.

16 hours ago, no ma'am said:

Do you sit closer to the glass in this vehicle vs previous cars? 911 instead of an f-350 or something.

No. We have actually owned 6 different VWs in the last decade in our household, Golfs/GTIs/GolfR/R32. 

Golf R that just got this tint is the only one to experience this issue IMO. 

Boy, did life get in the way of dealing with this...

Anyway... @no ma'am yes, all windows.

@Tintguy1980 I'm so sorry I didn't leave a pic, there's one there now.

That's just off my phone so I don't think sunglasses are the issue here.

The only thing I see with polarized sunglasses that I don't see without them is some vertical striping, about 1.5-2" apart, which I can only assume is from the product being rolled.

IMG_1691.JPG

We are a long-time LLumar dealer and sell a lot of IRX, CTX, ATR, and ATC.

On the ceramics, IRX and CTX, but especially IRX, within 30 minutes of finishing the install, the film gets a banded look to it. Consistently. Enough so I made it a habit and part of my post-sale routine to tell every IRX customer "these are NOT bubbles, they WILL go away."

It's usually not very thick stripes/bands either. Finger width or less. Mostly noticeable on the front two sides driver's and passenger's doors more so than any other.

The best way I can describe it and how I describe it to them is it might look "streaked" "discolored" or "milky" at first. Not 100% of the time, but I'd estimate 3/4 or so show this at first.

I don't know why it's prominent only on ceramics in my experience, and why much more so on IRX, but it does always go away. In the worst heat of summer, within a few hours. In temperate 70s, within a day. In the two weeks a year it gets cold here it may take 3-4 but I rarely see that.

I live in South Georgia so it's a very hot climate, humid climate which probably worsens this some.

It seems to be just residual water vapor coalescing and dying in a banded fashion rather than evenly distributed across the film and not visible. But never has been an issue and never had to redo a single window due to it.

This is distinctly different than the grids/lines you see through polarized lenses or on metallic films.

And it is pretty hard to catch in a photo to show others.

Not sure if this is what you're referring to but if it is, I'd simply reassure customers it's just water vapor, not bubbles, and is part of the drying and curing process. And it will be gone within a few hours to a few days and dry up completely clear. *Patience, You Should Have; Young Padawan..* Okay don't tell them that but the rest works pretty consistent and solid for me to get that out of the way in less than a minute, reassure them, and get them moving along.