Rear glass comes factory dyed. 

It has XR Plus 70% on it

In looking at the IR specs... 92 vs 97% etc, not much of a differential of 5%

Riddle me this

Sitting in the backseat - I  raised up the rear window shade. 

I did feel a difference in -less- heat with the window shade. The window shade is not solid but is semi perforated ?

Is it due to an extra -layer- past the window. 

It wasn't on my radar as it does reduce the -feel of heat- from the sun shining on the window.

Here I was thinking the IR 92% was a pretty decent spec in itself but the rear shade does add (less heat feel) for sure.

I'm sure someone on TD has a better technical answer for my WIKI

There are people way smarter than me but I'll sling a guess out there that what you are experiencing is the difference between IR and R factors.  Window tint blocks(absorbs/reflects) UV and IR parts of the heat spectrum,  BUT window tint does not have an " R factor " like the pink stuff in your attic.  It takes mass to create an " R " factor.  

The shade is designed to reduce heat and also has the mass to create more of R factor in heat rejection and I am assuming that is the difference you are feeling.  :twocents 

21 hours ago, mobiledynamics said:

Rear glass comes factory dyed. 

It has XR Plus 70% on it

In looking at the IR specs... 92 vs 97% etc, not much of a differential of 5%

Riddle me this

Sitting in the backseat - I  raised up the rear window shade. 

I did feel a difference in -less- heat with the window shade. The window shade is not solid but is semi perforated ?

Is it due to an extra -layer- past the window. 

It wasn't on my radar as it does reduce the -feel of heat- from the sun shining on the window.

Here I was thinking the IR 92% was a pretty decent spec in itself but the rear shade does add (less heat feel) for sure.

I'm sure someone on TD has a better technical answer for my WIKI

Unfortunately the NIR specs in a single wavelength tells you nothing and are useless in determining overall performance of any film. Single wavelength use is a marketing ploy so the maker can thump their chest about theirs being bigger than yours. 92% @ 1025nm wavelength is one of 1720 wavelengths found in the NIR spectrum, with the most intense being between 780nm - 1500nm-ish. NIR is not heat, it is electromagnetic energy.

TSER for the product you speak of is 52%; therein lies the performance capability of that product.

As to the perforated shade, yes it will assist in the 'feel', however, it allows any transmitted solar energy to be absorbed by its material, converting to far infrared (heat) and radiated to the cabin. Film on the glass is far more effective in reducing heat build up on all surfaces in the cabin (from the sun's energy); making it warm inside.