3M ceramic ir vs. LLumar Pinnacle

Hello! I am looking to get all of my windows tinted (minus the windshield) in my Mazda CX-5. I got a few quotes from some shops and need to decide which one to get. 

Shop 1:

$419 ceramic ir

Shop 2:

$480 for LLumar F1 Pinnacle

I would prefer the LLumar one, as it is 40% and not 35% like the ceramic ir due to me having to pass inspections in NC. I have also heard that LLumar tends to be better quality, but some people swear by 3M. I think it’s mainly preference, but correct me if I’m wrong. 

On paper the 3M looks better, but the shop that is selling LLumar says theirs is slightly better so I could be looking at the wrong numbers. They also sell the CTX for $420, but that’s worse than the 3M ceramic ir. Help me decide lol.

Edited by Raleighman223

Go with the shop you feel will give you the best installation/service. Both films are high-quality, and performance is on the same level. So either way, you can't lose. If you go with 3M CMIR 35%, have the shop confirm it will meter legal. Depending on the % of your stock glass, it could vary by 1-2%, which could be enough to meter too low. Personally, I love 3M CMIR as it is a great-looking film. Except for one, every vehicle in my family has it installed.

Pinnacle is a nice film. So is 3M's Crystalline. I have had both on my cars. Currently I have Crystalline 40 on my driver/passenger doors. It's been there for 7 yrs without any sign of degradation (Roanoke VA).

As stated above, check the workmanship by visiting the shops where they might have a recently completed vehicle sitting outside.