people selling tint jobs cheap!!!

Guest FloridaTintChic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In other words...NO...you don't have to give stuff away to make it. But if you try and make it without skill, a good backing of cash you saved, lots of experience,a reputation for quality, then yeah, you get sucked in like the rest of the Jamoches out there tinting for food. :evileye

is it or isnt it true that you have to start your price low at first..when you first start up a shop..tell you get a good word out??..I think you have to get what you can ..when you are first starting out...you have to keep your head above water...to be able to make it...

that's a tough one..I think in your case TG with the amount of competition there is there...perhaps...but then again, If you charge lots...the public will think your one of the better ones..you can't cater to all financial demograpgic customers, so pick your "group" and charge accordingly. Sell cheap to the ricers and kids or charge higher to get the blue hairs and white collars. :evileye

Guest tintgod

well...im not trying ot toot my own horn here...I know im good...and have heard from others that im good...so...hopefully I wont have to worry about that when I do open it... :evileye:thumb

Guest thetintshop

guest---yes, I'm in a small town. but for my area, there's 4 shops servicing 10,000 people.

add the next town, and it goes to 9 shops servicing 25,000 people.

so if you live in a town of 100,000 people, it would be the same if you had 36 tinting facilities.

so actually, I have ALOT of competition.

modg lives in a town about that size, and he only has 14-15 shops he competes with.

Guest tintgod

thanks for all the info guys ...I really appreciate it....I know im going to do well in the biz....it just jumping in ..and doing it ..is the scary part....but im confident it will work out ... :evileye

Guest tintgod

by the way..I never said I was going to start my prices out low....I will run opening specials..and that is about it..im not

:evileye:thumb

I personally am glad to be established..I dread the thoughts of starting in a new area trying to "win over" the public where the area you came from respects your well known work :beer I'm running at about 80% repeat customers now which is great...I don't have to sell them...I did that yrs ago with thier previous car. :evileye

I guess what I'm saying is put in your time , give it your all, be honest to the customer and honest to yourself in what you need to charge ...and you'll be rewarded accordingly in the end :thumb

Archived