people selling tint jobs cheap!!!

Guest FloridaTintChic

Guest Sprinter

thetintchick I hear where your comming from 20 more cars a month for you know how much, now if you have a tinter that tint and your not doing all the cheap work then I say if there walk ins set em up with a cheap film 2/3 year warranty and if they want to go for your price of a quality install then you got a customer that did'nt cost you a cent.

if you saw a hundred bucks lying in the street would you pick it up or wait till there was another 50 with it? think about it!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is summer time... this post always seems to hit several times this time of year :thumb! Set your price according to: your area, your skill level, your clientele, and your comfort level! And most of all supply and demand plays the biggest factor. It's getting hot, if you are just starting out as guest, now is the time to set the bar!

TTC :thumb

Guest SQUEEGEE

Arizona, Texas, Florida and the rest of the sunbelt states have professional tinters in a land of kill or be killed.

Pride will get you killed, evicted or your home forclosed on if you take the high road.

Your best bet is to have a low end, mid-level and high performance film if you plan on keeping your head above water.

The low end guys have no problem taking $XX.00 jobs at a 10% cost with a mis-educated public.

Guest thetintshop

squeeg is right. for the past year I only offered LLumastar. this spring I added a lower end high performance film, and platinum plus. and I've noticed a definate difference.

I hate giving customers too many choices, cause they always get confused. but offering three films is not too bad.

Guest FloridaTintChic

Thanks Guys ! :rollin

These comments helped alot! I'm not new ,Ive had one of the nices shops ,and ive been here for 13 years,I have never had this problem,everyone knows they come to us, and there car is done in less than 2 hrs or 2 hrs max ,they have air ,cable and hell ,I'll offer coffie too.I only care about the customers being happy and leaving happy with there car!(not that there is anything with not having air or cable) I didnt have squat when I started off and I still tried to make them happy!! Then hopefully they will send me there friends and family!I always carry the better film and thought people who offered 2 brands were nuts,now I know why,so it bit me in the culo ,well I won't dare ask what lower end is good to you ,I know that is a no no here,I will do my investigating today.I have only used llu and Madcow, when I first started.Thanks I will now offer 2 kinds of film then ,and you get what you pay for!!! I would love to put that sign that says we fix $ 99 TINT JOBS ,thats what llum tell everyone to do,they came up with that.I dont want to do that to the people that I know that are good working people around me that have coupons for 99 and when you go in they offer the diff kinds of film and they end up paying 140 I just dont want to insult anyone know.. I will today, put the sign up on the same post as this yahoo saying (we fix the $89 tint jobs) I am on the vinyl machine as we speak ,I have about 50 printing up!! Little does this yahoo know I bought A TRUCK LOAD of that corap/that you make signs on in yellow ,and I have enough to do orlando for 5 years and not even sweat it!!! You guys have been great,I thougt I was going to get alot if smart a--- commentsL LOL :spank Thanks again!!! Some of us run into different situations and I thought I had run into all of them ,I hate to tell the customers ,we do your car in air ,so you get a cleaner tint job ,instead of this guy who's out side,but I really dont like bashing the mobile guys I know !!! IRATHER try to be nice ..I 'F YOU GET ON MY BAD SIDE all these people know they better watch out for that high strung spanish redneck girl !!! I just lose my temper and man do I cut them down in the coupon adds.Last month I WENT in the same book the yahoo was in ,you get what you pay for,call1-day when you need your car done over again,and enjoy the cable and air not those hard metal chairs. :nope( I was in that coupon book first ,he goes ion every damn book I m in) Everyone in the town called me doubled over,saying they were so glad I did that,now the old yahoo isnt in the coupon book this month :lol Thanks again I 'm so glad I joined this cocky site of tinters!!! I love it!!!!

Later im going to finish my signs and pray the city :tt doesnt fine me!! :tt

Guest thetintshop

I use suntek's high performance as my entry level film.

I've never offered a dyed film. dyed film is for those who plan on being in another town 2 years down the road.

Guest FloridaTintChic

I WOULD NEVER USE DYED FILM,I WOULD HAVE ALOT OF COMEBACK AND IVE BEEN HERE TO LONG!!! I MEAN A LOWER BRAND FILM FOR THOSE COUPONS BUT NOT DYED!!!! A METAL THAT MAYBE COMES WITH A 5 YR WARR.WHO KEEPS THERE CARS MORE THAN 5 YRS? YEAP YOUR RIGHT' :rollin

Archived