titanium film

Guest Sprinter

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
G'day Hoosier,

I can prove without a shadow of a lie a Sungard auto tint job DEAD in exactly 12 months. Roll numbers, date, product type, everything methodically documented without question.

I paid for high performance metal film supposedly, not some cheap shiot second grade rubbish, lifetime warranty and they won't take the balance back.

This is not just one case either...it spanned over a number of years on all types of vehicles under all different conditions out of numerous manufacturing lots.

No wonder I'm dirty as all hell.

Devil

As if I don't deserve a decent break?

Today it's Johnson's turn for a brick bat. :nope I've just spent 3 hours on R and R'ing a Silhouette SP 35 job I did on May 12th 2001. Exactly 3 years old and the film is so bad optically to see out of, it is dangerous because of its blurry nature.

It has not bubbled nor wrinkled but it is definately a glue problem.

When I ripped the film off, it all came off leaving the entire adhesive on the glass. The actual polyester had shocking fade out and is mauve :nope but the blurry glue was left on the glass and still you couldn't make anything visually out of it. 100% proved it was glue. What a @#$% to remove? A steamer did nothing to it!

As I said, 3 hours to R and R the sides and get it off the rear screen. I ran out of daylight at 5PM so I have to complete the fit for the rear in the morning. Total time will be about 3.5 hours for this @#$% and we get zip for the redo.

Lifetime warranty? Of course. :nope But I can tell you it didn't go like this in the last couple of days. At least I got a bit more out of it than the Sungarb stuff, but hey what the hell? It's all :nope .

God I'm sick of this! Thanks for the whinge space to vent my spleen. I feel better now but it all starts again in the morning.

devil

Archived