glare question

Guest tintquestion

Guest tintquestion

I just got my windows tinted, a few weeks ago and have noticed a glare on my rearview mirrors. Sometimes when I look in my rearview mirrors, all I can see is the air vents inside my car... Is this normal???

Guest Marco

Rear mirrors :lol I think your talking about side mirrors.It is the relfection from the tint.It will take awhile to get used too..for now try looking through the window and not at the reflection :cool

OT I think this guy means SIDE VIEW MIRRORS :cool yes its normal to get some REFLECTION. I have noticed it on my truck, I can see some of the seat and dash reflecting when I look out the side windows. the darker the film the worse the effect. years ago I had 2 layers of limo on the backglass of my S-10 when I was driving down the highway and looked in the rear vies mirror all I saw was the lane change markers reflecting back into my mirror :lol

what your talking about is normal.

Guest tintquestion

yea, I guess I mean the side mirrors (not the rearview mirror)... When I look out them to change lanes or something, all I can see is the inside of my car. Is it something I have to get used to or if I got my windshield tinted would it help?

I just went out and looked at my truck, I have some papers sitting on the center console and sure nuff they are REFLECTING into the side window as you look out.

I am going to say this is normal and is the nature of the beast, because I have noticed it before. the added darkness to the glass just makes stuff reflect more off the glass and is more noticeable.

you would probably end up getting reflections in your windshield if you did that :cool making it worse.

I had a situation like this last year on a fertilizer (truck see pic) we put a metlaized film on the doors adn the guy was complaining of not being able to see out the side view mirrors, only thing I could think of was to put a dyde film on in its place, something with NO metal in it, he never came back complaining again and I dont know if it fixed the situation of not :lol might try a dyde film on the doors :lol your probably just gonna have to live with it though :lol

Archived