Experiance and pay

Guest mrdave25

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tinterjim

I wouldn't take less than 35%. If you manage your cash right in the summer you'll get thru winter just fine. Unfortunately I havent figured out how to manage money right in the summer :spit:bingo

Guest mrdave25

Full tint we charge 219.00-269.00. Being in MO the law allows 35% on doors. So everyone gets a full tint. So maybe stay my hourly rate with a 15% commish?

Well, this thread makes me and my 15% feel soooooooo much better.

You're not serious are ya Treb? :dunno

dead serious. Last September the boss actually said to me "I started you off too high when I hired you. ($250 a week salary and 15% commission). I'm going to pay you hourly and take your commission to 10%." (I did a quick check on the calculator based on the last pay stub and saw a $350 decrease.) Guess what I told him. He actually wanted to decrease my commission! It still burns me up inside to think about that conversation. Last year, the total in tint sales was approximately $200,000. You do the math.

Now. Who wants to hire me? I prefer a place that's not cold, or windy, or humid, or rainy. Oh yeah, NO TORNADOES!

Guest areyouthetintguy?

the way I work it with my shop accounts is I charge them 150 for almost any car,,50 bucks for 2 fronts on an suv.......they make 75 on a full tint and 30 on a 2 door suv....everyone stays happy...extra aoney for them and it keeps me going

Guest expertint

If a tinter is paid on commission and payroll with taxes,worker comp..unemployment... etc... etc.... when he makes 30% he's actually splitting the profits 50/50 with the boss because he has no expenses and the boss pays for everything else..not a bad deal for the tinter.

Archived