Getting Rid of Trimmings on Cutting Glass

Guest SQUEEGEE

Guest SQUEEGEE

This may not qualify as tip of the week but perhaps it might if other tinters get as frustrated as me when trying to clean the trim-out glass for stationary shops.

Alot of tinters will use their prep or slip solution and a black smoothie to clean the trim out glass but will find alot of the corner or edge trim offs stubbornly sticking to the glass.

What I do is lightly mist the glass and take my Red Devil (which is about 9" across and semi-hard) and run it across the glass. It easily picks off the edge trimmings and corner cut-offs like butter. You don't really have to mist the glass to do it but misting it does help.

Just a time saver that may help a busy shop or two.

Many probably already do this but I find nothing else works better.

Good luck.

Squeej

Guest SQUEEGEE
use a 6" scraper with SS blade. :hmmm

Actually the tip was geared more towards automotive tinters. True a 6" scraper would do much better but even when I tint flat glass I don't always have one within' arms reach.

The Red Devil (BTW guest thanks for the compliment) is always near my tool pouch and doesn't rust. :dunno

Guest SQUEEGEE
I have no idea WTF you guys are talking about. :spit:spit

OT,

You tint mobile style if I'm not mistaken so you use the auto glass to make your cuts. I do the same as well when I tint onsite for my customers.

If and when I tint out of my garage I have a large stationary 5' x 7' piece of glass mounted to the wall so I can cut clean edges and corners after I get the basic pattern off the car.

What's left behind are pesky little edge trimmings and such that get stuck to the glass especially in hot weather. A couple 'o swipes with the Red Devil and end of problem.

Guest SQUEEGEE
I don't tint mobile really, except for a couple dealers, and I use scissors to trim, so those pesky pieces end up on the floor. :thumb

You would have to be different wouldn't you?

:dunno

Okay then,

For all the other tinter challenged tinters out there not named OT: Get a Red Devil Squeegee

Archived