STATE TROOPERS

a guy came in the other day and said he got a warning for illegal tint? we were all like WTF we did it?

we had the guy come over and put our light meter on it it read 24% the new texas law is 25%, this jackass cop was giving this guy problems over 1% difference, HELL the light meter right on the front of it says 1 to 2 % accuracy :thumb. he also told the guy that it had to be 35% :poke evidently this asshat doesnt know the laws he is enforcing (big suprise) but how do you argue with the sum bitches THEY ARE THE LAW :thumb

this is the 3rd person we have tnted for in the last couple months that has been hastled by these jackasses, all 3 of the cars had 35% on the doors, these guys are pulling people over with light azz tint on their cars :lol6 I could see if it was dark and you couldnt see in but jesus its 35%. they must be BORED.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint

I've known some cops in my days... it's interesting to see how the power can go to the head in some faster than they can get wood... :thumb

Guest thetintshop

are we talking the ATR CH 35%?

I haven't had anybody pulled over with it, that I know of. I got pulled over by DPS with true grey on mine a couple years ago. it was legal, but the cop couldn't read his meter correctly. after a nice little arguement, he tore the ticket up and issued me a warning.

come to find out, this cop has 5% on the D&P of his SUV and his truck. and he lives about 5 minutes from my shop. and he's out there hassling me with my 35%. I hate fukkin cops sometimes.

Had a guy come in w/ a warning about his back window in his p/u truck. I gave him my card to call me if he had any more problems. The cop calls me to tell me that I need to learn the tint laws in GA. if I was going to be in business.

I politely ask him to come by the shop & we could compare laws w/ each other. The guy had 15% on his sliding back glass (the same % if it would have come factory tinted). The cop said 35% is the legal limit on these.

I had to show him a copy of GA. tint laws to show him there is no limit on a rear window of a p/u truck in GA. if they have mirrors on both sides.

Trucks, vans & SUV's can legally have 15% on the rear windows & 32% on front windows. Cars are 32% all around.

Cop still didn't want to believe me but he tore up the guys ticket.

Guest Braud Spectrum

We had the same problem here when those meters first came out. Had to write letters for alot of my customers who were getting tickets with meter readings of 25 and 26 %...anything lower than 35% because they had no idea how to read the meters according to the law. Judge dismissed all the tickets. I was told by a couple officers I know personally that all the meters were sitting on the chief of police desk after that stink. :spit He got sick of hearing about it and said bring um to me. :bingo

yes TTs it was ATR charcoal 35% and it was on a 03 chevy.

if you do the math that truck has 70% factory and 35% film, those together bring the net reading to 24.50 :spit its bullshit that a trooper would go out of his way to pull somebody over for something like this.

my dumbazz boss folded up like a lawn chair as usual and had me redo the windows :inot this time they came out 26% :bingo like it fvckin matters

Archived