not an installer, had questions on bubbles?

Guest whosyourbaba

Guest whosyourbaba

Hey. Please don't bash. I'm new and just a customer. I searched for bubbles and couldnt find what I wanted to find. I had tinting professionally installed. I have a rx-8 and had my rear back window retinted because of bubbles on the edges that wouldnt go away and a line of air as well. I looked in the tint in the sun and saw bubbles again. Not sure if air or water. Their scattered in the middle only and are about 1/2 inch diameter. Seems like the tint are attached to the window. I tried using a credit card to even it out, but it just pops back out. Im baking it in the sun right now. I took some pics but you couldnt tell by it. Any advice? I called and they said wait 5 days and it would go away. I waited last time for a week and bubbles didnt go away. I know some are suppose to due to time, but theres like 7 of these scattered on the window. Any ideas? Is it better to get it fixed now or wait till the adhesive is dry and done? Thanks.

Thomas

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1/2 in in diamater that look more like blisters is just water and it will dry out. White pin head size bubbles are caused from contamination (lint in the air) under the film and won't go away. :rollin

Guest whosyourbaba

ok thanks guys. I dont think the installer likes me very much because im very picky and a neat freak. I went back 2 times. Hope things go away then. I know in my front, they couldnt get out one bubble. I went back and asked them to fix it and they said they can't make it perfect, and they tried using a hot air gun. THey didnt want to redo the tint. Thanks those guys.

and a line of air as well.

That sounds like an over cooked heat shrunk area for starters.

Thomas...I have a mate who does the local Mazda dealer work and I can tell you that the jobs he is capable of with the new RX 8 look like factory tint. Man is he good!

To be fair the only thing I have picked him up on once is the small little pushout window on the side with the screw. He cut the hole too close and when he went to tighten the screw back up, he twisted the film. This was not evident on the day but the crescent shape lift meant for a redo on that window.

Sounds like not quite up to par in your case. Get another opinion.

Devil

if there is LIQUID in the bubbles it should go away. if its trapped air or contamination (it will look silvery from the outside looking at it) it probably needs to be redont if its actually air bubbles or trash under the film. BUT the ones with liquid in them should go away.

Guest tintgod

I was wondering the same thing devil...if it is a sputtered film .. it may take alot longer to dry out then some film...I have seen quantum take up to a month or longer to dry out at times...

Archived