Blinds (venetian, vertical, etc.)

Guest Key West
I've been measuring and installing blinds for a few years now, shutters as well. Iin that in the span of a week I might measure 100 windows sometimes more. Even at 99% success rate, that still means one of my measures is screwed, and if I can't make it fit I'm buying that blind.

I think to refer a blind job over to someone else and get a 10% referral might be a better option.

It's nice to walk up to and away from a film job knowing the material costs little in relation to a blind/shutter. Film ways nothing in comparison to blinds and shutters. Also, for blinds you needs parts parts and more parts/tools whereas film entails a bucket full of tools and a few extras.

Film = less stress/more money

This guy is right.We got about as much business in the blind industry as Blind guys have in the film industry. When blinds are called for, I hand them a card.

I do quite a bit of installs for a "Blind Guy" who decided to get into film.Sure, he can buy all the film he wants, but can't seem to find anyone reliable who can install. (Go figger!) So he gathers up 3 or 4 hundred sq/ft worth of work, and I go up to knoxville and install.Problem is, the jobs are mostly one or two windows per home, WAAY up there. He's not gonna find a tinter who will do that for what he wants to pay. He is crying the blues at what I charge him :lol6 , but hey, without me he aint in the tint biz.I am waiting for him to wake up and figure out he's much better off referring the jobs to me at a commision. He's got alot of pissed off custys who gotta wait for god knows when until he's got enough sq footage for me to come up, and for me to have enough time in my schedule to do so.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived