With all news about NY tinting being outlawed, I've been looking for other options for income. Has anyone heard of this product called Clear Plex? A rep from Texas is coming to NY to talk to me about it, from what I understand, its a thick clear rubbery tint that is applied to the outside of windshields for protection of stone chips and road debris.

Any feedback is appreciated.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, the law, at least here in NY says that I can put tint on the windshield, as long as its 70%. The material I'm talking about is 98% vlt, and it actually goes over the entire windshield on the outside for chip protection.

I cant believe no one here has heard of this product, it seems like a great suplement to tinting. :spit

Guest sytran666

I havent seen it but I heard a guy here at our local bmw dealership was doing it. He was supposidly wearing something like a space suit for protection. Im not sure how well this product is going to work, I do alot of PPF and after a while it shows signs of abuse, wonder what this product will look like after a couple of years on the windshield. Wonder how much it cost to apply this stuff vs. just replacing the damn thing.

From what I understand, this product was designed for fleet vechicles, like rental car companys, example, Hertz buys 50 cars per month and has the clear plex installed, they only keep the cars for 6-7 months like a lease, and then they give the cars back, but if there is windshield chips, they have to pay, so the clearplex will save them money in the long run.

I'm sure there is no way to warrantee the film from scratching much past 6 months, or even a year.

Its all new to me, but a rep from Texas flew in to NY to talk to me about this stuff.

Guest outkast tinter

It's the same product that we've been trying to get clearance from DOT for tear off style protection for the last 3 years. I've been working with www.Racingoptics.com for over 3 years trying to get DOT approval for. Some people have jumped the gun and tried to offer a similar product but it has no DOT approval. I can't endorse any product that is not legal, and this product is NOT legal in any state!!

Archived