Guest haroldshouseoftint
It's the same product that we've been trying to get clearance from DOT for tear off style protection for the last 3 years. I've been working with www.Racingoptics.com for over 3 years trying to get DOT approval for. Some people have jumped the gun and tried to offer a similar product but it has no DOT approval. I can't endorse any product that is not legal, and this product is NOT legal in any state!!

yes it is, the only state its not legal in is cali :lol2 as far as what I have read and been told about it

:eyebrows

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest outkast tinter

I've been invovled in the developement of this product since 2003. We have been attempting to adapt the NASCAR 16 mil windshield tear off system for street application. We have toned down the scale to a 4 layer 2 mil each layer for a total of 8 mil for street application. The origional NASCAR film is 16 mil 4 layer, designed for one race. No UV , and No scratch coat. We've come up with a 8 mil, 4 layer with UV and hardcoat on each layer, but the DOT wants numerous hoops to jump through to get it street legal. I install plenty of this on race cars, but I'm looking for large scale accounts such as UPS and other high volume windshield replacement accounts. It is currently being used on helicopter windshields for the war effort in Iraq and Afghanistan. I can't say more than what I have, but it is a product that has a massive potential for our industry :dunno

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

not legal in cali? thats weak, its just UV clear film...I dont think anyone would notice :dunno I just email maddy down in huntington, maybe I'll hear from them on monday

Guest outkast tinter

We're looking at national fleets and large scale carriers. Even BNSF and CSX for locomotive windshields. I actually submitted proposals for the local San Diego Coaster commuter rail trains for free testing. They run 600+ miles a day, and then you have to involve the FRA for another layer of government. Seems a simple good idea and it takes years for approval and implemtation. :dunno

Guest outkast tinter
yes it is, the only state its not legal in is cali :nono as far as what I have read and been told about it

:lol2

Don't know where you get your facts from, but NATIONAL DOT hasn't approved this type of application in any state yet :dunno

Guest outkast tinter
not legal in cali? thats weak, its just UV clear film...I dont think anyone would notice :nono I just email maddy down in huntington, maybe I'll hear from them on monday

Only CP Films and Bekeart are the only producers of this product (Racing tear offs) :dunno

Archived