Ford recalls Escape SUVs

Guest Repo

Guest Repo

Ford recalls Escape SUVs

2001 Ford Escape

by Associated Press posted Apr 13, 2004

DETROIT -- Ford Motor Co. is recalling 363,440 Escape compact sport utility vehicles from model years 2001-2003 because the engine may stall at certain speeds.

Ford said some Escapes with a 3-liter, V-6 engine may experience an intermittent stall when decelerating at speeds below 40 mph.

Of the total amount, about 322,000 of the vehicles are in the United States. The remainder are elsewhere in North America and overseas.

In most cases, the automaker said, the driver is able to restart immediately after the stall.

Ford said its automotive safety office has identified eight minor accidents that may have occurred because of the engine condition, three of which involved minor injuries.

Customers will be notified of the safety recall by mail, or they can call their dealer or Ford's toll-free hot line (800-392-3673) for more information.

In afternoon trading on the New York Stock Exchange, Ford shares were down 35 cents at $13.34.

Guest Meff

Word through the grapevine is that these wonderful escapes need all four tires replaced around 20,000 miles. I'm told they can't keep tires on them, something is goofy with the alignment or something. Don't know, I think they are ugly anyway. :lol6:dunno

I've had the same Ford Ranger 4x4 in the family since new in 1988...still looks and runs like new, 200,000miles,been the best vehicle I've ever had ...other than brakes, shocks and exhaust (wearable parts) :shock:lol

but I still think Ford sucks except for my Ranger :gasp:shock

Archived