first thing out of a customers mouth

Guest thetintshop

Im very seldom rude to a customer,even if its a dumazz...but at Walmart last night my wife told me to go get sliced turkey for "I think 2.89 a pound...and I tell the counter person this...she replies with an attitude" We dont have any for 2.89 ..its 2.99 ...it caught me off guard and I despise being in Walmart after working all day anyway ,,,so out of my mouth comes"DUUUU thats close enough that it shouldnt hurt my kids college fund :spit She said ok....a little taken with my comment and I was quite embarrassed that I had stupped to that level :spit I guess grocery's shopping not my gig :thumb

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it that every farmer John who comes to my shop assumes I can't drive a standard or a diesel? They have to point out to me that I MUST let the glow-plugs warm up first. Well guess what Billy Bob Joe John Frank...I've started a couple thousand diesels in the last 10 years, and yours is no different. Also, you just drove about 45 minutes to get here. Your engine is still hot, so the warm-up stage is unnecessary.

Has anyone else gotten the third degree from a customer who happens to wander into the install bay whilst tinting their diesel, only to have them turn off the keys saying it would ruin the glow-plugs if the keys were left on?

BTW, the next time I hear someone tell me to be careful with their car, I'm handing them back the keys and telling them that I want to be Evel Kineval when I grow up, so they might want to rethink this situation.

Guest thetintshop
Has anyone else gotten the third degree from a customer who happens to wander into the install bay whilst tinting their diesel, only to have them turn off the keys saying it would ruin the glow-plugs if the keys were left on?

:thumb:thumb

I get SO pissed off about that. had one guy tell me it would run his battery down. I was like "uh, this thing has 2 batteries, I don't think that will be a problem".

he said that one of those batteries wasn't charged unless the engine was running, that's the way all deisels operated. :lol

:lol6:jerkit:lol6:lol:sign

Guest Foogoo
Why is it that every farmer John who comes to my shop assumes I can't drive a standard or a diesel? They have to point out to me that I MUST let the glow-plugs warm up first.

Probably valid for being flagged as a smartass comment where you are located, but if someone took one of those to the shop I used to work at here in So Cal, I can guarantee you no one will have a clue.

...or maybe it was just that particular shop and it's workers :jerkit

But you have to understand something. Around here, pickups outnumber cars 2 to 1, and at least half the pickups are diesels. Everyone in LA complains about the smog, right? We would have a larger, darker cloud over this area if the wind wasn't always blowing at least 35 mph.

Guest thetintshop

wndo is right. 80% of the vehicles I tint are trucks. and 3 out of 4 of those are diesels. (and usually duallys) cause these "cowboys" have to have something that will pull that single horse trailer. :jerkit

Guest expertint

The diesels make that funny loud noise right?? Like the buses that take Japanese tourists to the zoo.Some older mercedes make that sort of pinging noise too.

Guest thetintshop

you ain't heard shiat till you have one of the ford powerstrokes pull into your shop and damn near bust your eardrums. I hate those motherfukkkers.

the new dodge cummins are super quiet, the first one that came in I had to actually look at the emblem to see if it was a diesel.

The diesels make that funny loud noise right??

the new dodge and chevy are CONSIDERABLY quiter than they used to be. dodge use to be so damn loud yoiu couldnt even think to yourself while driving one.

Guest Sprinter

mdogs right, they give us the attitude before we even get started with putting on our tool belts.

wndowtint your right if they just pulled up theres no need to let the gow plugs warmup!

Archived