One piece Two piece, Three

Guest Sprinter

Guest Sprinter

if customers and your area wer"nt so knowledge about a one piece rear window and there was no pressure to do such a thing from your peers or other shops in your area how would you tint the rear windows. in 1,2,3 what would be easiest for you? could you up charge for 1 when everyone is doing 2 or 3? if the norm were 2/3 would you just go with the flow?

it's kinda like leaving a 1/2 inch off the top of roll ups if that were the norm huh? do you get anything extra for such a window with a 1/16th of an inch of the top?

do other tint shops make you do things you really don't want to do but have to, to compete and make money? so you follow the flow cause you have to or you look for another job in another industry?

kind of interesting huh!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no real pressure from oither shops around me, you'd have to travel about 25 miles to the nearest shop (ziebart at that :lol ). But I preferr to do it in one :lol

Old Tinter is about 45 miles from me (but still have fun with the fence :rollin )

Guest Sprinter

ot this is true for most of us but there are a few who will still seam and do 2, and think there way is best compared to ours?

Guest FastBackJack

I have a harder time piecing than doing a 1 piece. I think I have only done a multi piece like 3 times since I started. It doesnt really matter to me what they pay or what my competition is, I just feel better about my work with a single. :lol:rollin

Guest thetintshop

I'll admit it, I can't piece it for crap. I can shrink the f**k out of film and put it on in one piece flawlessly. but if I'm forced to piece it, I'll make it look like s**t everytime. and it takes longer too.

id one peice it. I can do it in pieces and make it look as one. but if I where the only one around. who could do it in one . I would . and id use that as a marketing tool to get more money. it hink the customers would look at it as if I where the best. and be willing to pay more . feeling they where getting a better job. lets be honset here . the better you market yourself. the better off you will be . when giving the price. id follow by soemthing like. you can go somewhere else and get a lower price. but they are going to put your back glass on. in 3 pieces. in you may not totice the difference right way. but in a year or so. youll notice the seperation. in the film and good luck getting that warrantied.

we dont charge extra for 1 piece we dont even talk about it unless the customer brings it up, so my plan is to do everything I can easily in 1 piece and some others in 2, like a bug.no way I am going to put myself through that for nothing :lol I will 2 piece it every time, nobody ever questions if it was done in 1 piece or 2, they cant tell anyways, only a select few picky bastards can tell :rollin now I do have a guy coming in tomorrow with a nes saab 4dr, and he did specificly ask for 1 piece and if I could do it, I walked outside and looked :lol its a small glass :D customers dont know s**t :lol

Archived