I've never seen one alive in the wild

just roadkill

Dixie,

Wouldn't they be a bit big to run over? (Going on the size of them on TV) For sure you'd know something went under the car.

They did mention that they often get caught under the tree (the dopey youngsters who haven't learnt the skills) where they chew through.

Devil

Guest Braud Spectrum

I have seen them in the wild. My #1 X and I used to take our canoe way back in remote areas to find uncharted waters when we lived in New Jersey. Had a little electric trolling motor on it. We could sneak in just about anywhere. We discovered a small lake where they were in the water all around where we were fishing we could see them off about 30 feet from us so watched them swim around doing their little thing. Every so often one would go beneath the surface and as he dove under he'd slap his flat tail on the water. I don't know what that was all about unless he was pissed off about us getting so close. :thumb They were neat to watch. :thumb

Guest DixieGraphics

yeah slapping that tail on the water will scare the crap out of ya if you can't see them do it. some of my friends have houses on the river, and in the summer you can hear them doing it. sounds like a shotgun blast sometimes

Guest Braud Spectrum
yeah slapping that tail on the water will scare the crap out of ya if you can't see them do it. some of my friends have houses on the river, and in the summer you can hear them doing it. sounds like a shotgun blast sometimes

It sure did Dixie. First time I heard it it scared the crap out of me. I thought the might be otters which I'd never seen in the wild either but figured maybe that's what they might be. Especially startling since we were way back in the woods where no one could even get to unless you had hip waders or a tiny boat or canoe to slither up the waterway. No other noise except the animals. That little trolling motor made barely a whisper of a buzz and the canoe was ABS plastic so it didn't make any noise either on the rocks like an old aluminum would. We'd see all kinds of unusual wildlife especially really early in the morning....middle of the night practically :spit He'd want to be on the water when the sun rose. Strange color of the water too. It was perfectly clear but almost a rusty color. My neighbor who grew up in that area used to call it "cedar water" :spit

Yes they showed that tail slapping thing. A moose was getting too close and out came the paddle bat to warn him to P Off.

How the heck do they survive in the friggin winter under ice water? :lol

Devil

I don't know how they survive winter...but all this talk of tail slapping and beavers is making it hard to concentrate. :thumb:bling

Yes they showed that tail slapping thing. A moose was getting too close and out came the paddle bat to warn him to P Off.

How the heck do they survive in the friggin winter under ice water?  :lol

Devil

I don't know how they survive winter...but all this talk of tail slapping and beavers is making it hard to concentrate. :nope:lol

Do we have an emoticon for weed pants? :lol:lol:lol

Devil

Archived