$4875 paint job

Guest thetintshop

Daggone for 5000.00 at least in this area you get 2 coats of base and 4-6 coats of clear with each coat blocked.....basically 2500.00 gets one hell of a paint job as you are showing :lol6 Great to live in an area where a 100.000 dollar home would be 350,000 elsewhere :spit My dad had run the paint dept for Thomas Built Buses "number 1 bus manufacturer in the world'for 12 years and has painted cars for 42 years ....so If I help I get the 2500.00 Imron job for 230.00 :spit Only way I could get all my projects done without going bankrupt :DD

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop

minimum 3 coats of base. clear has somewhere around 6-8 coats of clear. no reason to sand in between coats. just alot of extra work unless your painter likes to put runs in it or sprays it really dry. everyone but one guy at my dads shop can paint, and paint well. including me.

you also have to remember, this car needed quite a bit of work. plus, doors, trunk, hood, were all removed. all glass was removed and inside trunk was completely redone. this wasn't just a pull in and spray maaco type job, this was a month long process. plus, if you've been around a body shop, you know how much extra work is involved when the customer adds racing stripes.

Archived