COPUTOR CUT PLOTTER

Guest MVSWINDOWTINTING

Learn to handcut your patterns and in a few years when your buisness is booming and you have a few installers it might make a difference. It is hard to get used to and frustrating when the patterns (perfect cut everytime) don't fit.

Guest skeeter

To the general consumer they're impressive. Used Tint Tek for about 3 years and have had people complain they we're happy knowing that the plotter was doing the cutting. They have no concept of "filing' on the edge. When the patterns fit nice, and you get the routine down of using the system, they are great. Too often the patterns do disapoint. So for the 6 monther, if you have enough $ to throw at a plotter and soft ware at this point you probably don't need become a tinter for a living. If you are deadset on tinting, use yor hands for at least 3 years, so you can feel comfortable in most situations.

Skeeter did I hear you right? I thought you said that you used the tintec2020 and the patterns didn't always fit perfect. I totally agree with you.

I use the computercut and have used the tintec in the past.

There is someone on here that swears that the tintec is flawless and they were doing like 14 F-150's in three hours at the Ford dealership.

Thankyou for supporting my point about plotters. :thumb

I've used the TintTek for 4.5 years only because my boss pay the bill and he wants it used. I don't use it for car back windows and the cars I KNOW it doesn't do a good job on. For most of the cars I tint, it does a fine job of cutting them out. But since I was trained to hand cut, and did so for 5.5 years, I don't worry if a pattern doesn't fit. As for the 14 F-150's, it wasn't me who said it, but that is doable if they are lined up and ready to go. So MVS, I would say "NO" to your question. Learn to do it by hand for at least 3 years. But if you would like to try some patterns, let me know and I'll send you some doors that don't fit for crap. I'm guessing with 6 months experience, they will end up in the trash. No offense to you, but the computer programs will only make newbies/rookies think again about choosing window tinting as a career.

Guest MobileUnit

I've been tinting for awhile now. For the past 5 or 6 years I've been using Tintek and Iit has it's flaws but more pro than cons. To answer your question do it by hand get the experience under your belt. It will pay off in the long run.

Archived