Heater element problems

Guest archie_tinter

Guest archie_tinter

Does anyone ever have a problem with the film not staying down around parts of the heater element?

I don't have a pic but will try to explain, the window is shrunk fine and appears to go on with no problems but on a few of the lines it is like a small finger going up and down from the line that will not stay out. It was a lexus IS200 if that helps with a brand new rear glass.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Archie

Guest tmaster

it's the film being stressed from heat shrinking. is it llumar?

use a heat gun on the outside. you may have to cut on one or both side of the defroster line to get the air out. also make sure you scrub the glass real good with glass cleaner. good luck :rollin

Guest Blade

Lexus is pretty well known for having thicker defroster wires than the norm. (On some models anyway) But the film I use doesn't pucker on the defrost wires. :dunno

I've actually had this problem with the HP line once in a while, in a shrunk spot that got a lil too much heat. I think it is adhesive failure, even after I slice the bottom it still comes back. so I put a lil glue in there then squeegee it out, not hard just enough to get the excess out, let it dry then wipe away the glue on the inside. usually works pretty well, sometimes you get kind of a lumpy look but that is better than a bubble in the back glass :dunno hope this helps

Guest metint
Does anyone ever have a problem with the film not staying down around parts of the heater element?

I don't have a pic but will try to explain, the window is shrunk fine and appears to go on with no problems but on a few of the lines it is like a small finger going up and down from the line that will not stay out. It was a lexus IS200 if that helps with a brand new rear glass.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Archie

Wet or dry shrink?

Dry shrink helps, although, those lexus elements sure can be problematic...

Guest Sprinter

use steelwool to clean the inside of the glass on all lexuses and do the lines real good!

its called a pucker thats what your discribing to us.

Archived