The one I know is a dark silver reflective film for external or special use. Kynar is the top coat and nothing else than Teflon, just a different brand name. It is supposed to have self cleaning action but I can't really confirm that. The Kynar layer though is resistant to about anything acidic or aggressive that may touch it. You apply this film when you know there will be a high chemical load or after a regular film has failed. For me at one time it was the answer to a film that got ruined by the exhaust of a paint shop next door.

If I have to install any film outside Glass Pro, them I don't really want the sale in the first place.

I have done a couple of small jobs way back in the past using a film out of Madico called Kynar 500. Not sure on what the 500 meant.

It was available in silver and bronze for memory and not SR. All about 20 VLT too.

The film did the job but the cleaners scratched the living daylights out of it over the years.

Devil

Guest metint
I think LluLlu has a 10 year warranty for this type film. The data should be around a regular 20%VLT silver reflective film.

Yes, 10 year on vertical installs... 5 years on slant...

Of course, all edges must be sealed with a neutral cure silicone sealant to have a valid warranty to begin with (dow 1199 0r 795 if you need color).

RK-20 is the product name or code... :spit

Guest Tint Masters

I have installed this before. The 500 SRSS on 1000+ sq.ft. Bullet holes in the glass and they didnt want to change the glass :thumb ...........$$$$$$$$$$ :thumb

Archived