My own window - how dark?

Now that summer is here, I'd like to tint my living room window.

It is 65"x100". Looks like single pane glass. The glass looks wavy in spots, so my guess its old.

I rent... so I dont really want the glasss to break. But, I need something to rejected the heat... I get a ton of it.

No trees are in front, so there are no shadows or anything... just pure unaltered sun rays, :thumb

Suggestions??

Thanks!

RoAcH

Guest tmaster

use a silver refl. film. it should not break if the edge of the glass is good. if it breaks take the film off and call the landlord.

Guest windoworx

My recommendation would be 35 Bronze. Reflective film on residential looks kinda tacky. You could even go to a 20 Bronze. Bronze films have great performance and great film to glass ratios. Especially in NJ, should not be an issue.

My opinion, sure there will be others.

Yea, I'm with OT. Not a big fan of bronze(aka: Pink). Like reflective silver, it just makes the view look so un-natural. Being a tinter, I'd go high end: Huper, Vista, V-kool. Try and get your landlord to spring for the film and you do the labour for free?

Guest Blade
Yep...my opinion is bronze is butt-ugly. :lol

:) My home's tinted in Solar Bronze 35% and looks great. It goes well with the color of the home. :gasp I get complements on it all the time.

Archived