shop tip

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintshopplus

I take each individual scrap and mail them to the local hack tinters so that they can use them to piece together their $20 camaro rear windows. But before I put the stamp on the envelope, I SHOUT at the scrap to anger it so that when it reaches its destination, it explodes in a fit of rage when it is opened. Just a form of tint counter-terrorism toward the hackers. :coffee

Guest tint rookie

I just stuff the glove box and send them on their way, plus I dont have to worry about bending over to pick em up EVER. (the crack of back seats works well too...pay back for all the tools they've eaten over the years) :thumb

Guest SQUEEGEE

I use to put my discarded Olfa Blades on top of the car as I was tinting. BIG MISTAKE. Not because I ever scratched anyone's paint just because a customer freaked on me once thinking a snapped blade was sure to scratch her paint. Mind you it was a POS car but I suppose it's beside the point I won't ever do it again as a result.

I can't imagine snappin a blade off on the hood or roof of the car harming anything if you carefully remove them afterwards. Most times I would snap them off on top of a scrap piece of tint. Low and behold the one time I snap one off and it hits directly on the paint I get called on it and then some.

Awe $%#@ 'em if they can't take a joke I say. Another reason not to let 'em watch you work.

I had a long time customer come in with a car he was waiting for it, he was outside the shop and saw me snap one, he said could you please be careful with that?

I said wtf? I said sure, I walk out towards and snapped in front of him, I said is that better ?

:spit

Archived