26 yrs ago today...

...Dad and I did our first tint job together, heading out on Friday to tint a couple of padio doors together then head t othe bar for a big celebratory dinner and pints! :spit

Guest thetintshop

so that would make you what? about 47? damn you're older than I thought.

where's your wheelchair medal? :rock

seriously, that's cool dude. :spit:spit

so that would make you what? about 47? damn you're older than I thought.

where's your wheelchair medal? :rock

seriously, that's cool dude. :spit:rock

:spit no wheelchair for me yet...I think I was 8 when I was helping , holding film on ladder as Dad was peeling off backing, got to do the toweling and handing of stuff..wasn't till I was 11 that I was allowed to tint (with careful inspection) :nope

Guest nautiboi73

thats special. I don't even remeber what I tinted 5 days ago never less 26 years ago. Oh yeah I wasn't born 26 yrs ago, I wasn't tinting sheit. but that is real special. I hope to have my son a daughter both helping me prep and tinting :spit

...Dad and I did our first tint job together, heading out on Friday to tint a couple of padio doors together then head t othe bar for a big celebratory dinner and pints! :nope

26 !!! :spit:rock:nope

Leo, it's shame 2 U to call Yourself TintDADDY :uh:nope:nope:spit

U can do it only in Russia :rock:hmmm

:lol Even at my young age for the yrs I've been in it..I've seen some pretty big changes...for example, I can still remember when was helping my dad and another tinter he had at the time for big jobs I think it was 1979 or 1980 ...but what was funny is that it was 10 hr days for 1week at the Trenton Military Air Base I was like 10 or 11 yrs old with no workmans comprehension, we had no hardhats or safety shoes (weren't required)...and the idea of even letting a punk kid my age in the restricted areas aren't even hear of nowdays :lol

When I was 12 , the othe neat place I got to work at was the Kingston Pen. (the countries most top security jail for the countries worse criminals :nope ) We did all the guard tower up there....The things I saw :nope Too much too type...great ways of spending summer holidays(made a few bucks too ) :nope

Tinting for me has been more than just a job more me personally..it's been an important factor in growing up and having stronger bonds with my family and built in with great traveling roadtrips and memories when there were no other tinters around our area...It's funny how the most important thing at one time was to earn enough money to replace my bicylcle chain and to buy this nee portable radio that came out called a "Ssony Walkman" :nope

Archived