IWFA Membership

Guest HotSpot

Guest HotSpot

I've been doing some research on joining the IWFA, and I'm wondering if anybody's shop is a member. If so, have you seen any benefits from being a member? Increased business, etc? :nope

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint
I've been doing some research on joining the IWFA, and I'm wondering if anybody's shop is a member.? If so, have you seen any benefits from being a member?? Increased business, etc??? :hmmm

I believe you may be setting your expectations of membership too high...

If you were to look in another forum and thread you would find a discussion on seal failure and in still others, discussion of tint law changes... these are the kinds of things the IWFA tries to be involved in for the benefit of all (consumer to manufacturer and all in between).

The discussion over seal failure is a classic stand out... A study sanctioned by the IWFA years ago resulted in findings very pertinent to successful installs on insulated glass units... many members new this study existed and have used the brochure in their sales call.

Another... dealer calls me and asks if there is any written industry standards for installation she could get her hands on to thwart a bothersome consumer picking over her recent residential install of film... I asked if she was an IWFA member... the answer 'No'.

Well... I will send you a copy of the Visual Standards drafted by indusrty members, adopted and now serves as a educational hand out information for a consumer with questions over an install of film.

Your choice... it's like being a member of your local chamber of commerce... does that increase your biz sales?

Yes, it's worth it. Membership is dirt cheap and your supporting the ONLY organization that represents the industry in which I earn a living. What's that worth to you? Seems like most people would rather focus on what the IWFA is not doing instead of being involved and knowing what they are doing that makes a difference. I would challenge anyone to put your considerations aside, join up, and be as active as you want to. If not for the work done by members of the IWFA, auto tinting might very well be illegal everywhere in this country.

I was once, stopped, now actually thinking about going back. :lol6 Ain't that a shocker. :thumb But, what the hell, it doesn't cost much, it's a write-off, and even though it won't make any difference in my world probably, the amount of cash I blow on dumb, worthless stuff makes me think....Why Not? :thumb Some will be amazed at this post. :flip

Archived