ford breakaway mirror removal

Guest thetintshop

Guest thetintshop

several have come on here lately questioning how to remove those ford breakaway mirrors.

here's how it's done.

first thing, bend the mirror down so you can grab the stem like this...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop

now pull down, towards the seat. like this. don't yank it, pull it. it won't break the windshield, so get some hair on your azz and pull the thing.

Guest thetintshop

and that's it. easy right? they're supposed to come off like that. so you're not hurting anything by doing it this way.

for reinstallation, just slide it over the top, like the picture, and push it back down. you may have to bump it a few times to get it fully seated.

Guest tintgod

yep..that is how I have been doing it ...good post TTS.. :thumb..on other thing you might what to do..if you use foam glass cleaner..stray some on it to lube it up some..it come off a little easier..and is also makes it go on easier too... :thumb ..just a little something to add to your post TTS...

Guest thetintshop

I remove them this way all the time. never broken one yet. :thumb

I really don't see how you could break the windshield removing them this way. :thumb they come off so easy.

You don't believe me? :thumb Trust me, it happened, it's a freakin Ford, anything can happen, and usually does. I've done quite a few that way without problems too, but one time, that sick sound I think you know about TTS. :lol6 Don't forget, I work in a glass shop, no big deal, it's not like I paid retail for the thing. :thumb:flip

Guest thetintshop

I've done them this way for years. no fear. now you've got me scared, and I'll be shakin like crazy the next time I remove one. thanks OT. :thumb:thumb

Guest tintgod

ive seen it happen also....didnt happen to me..but a guy I worked with..he just tapped it ever so slightly..well come to think of it ..I think he didnt even tap it...he was just pushing it on..and crack...end of story.. :thumb

I've done them this way for years. no fear. now you've got me scared, and I'll be shakin like crazy the next time I remove one. thanks OT. :shock:lol6

:lol:lol But really, after that day about 2 years ago, I haven't touched a visor for less than 50 bucks. And that's only if they get the rest of the car tinted. Solo Visor? 95 bones. I'm FLOODING the poor competition with these time wasters. :dunno I do get my share though, even at those prices. :lol6:lol

Archived