How do you know when it's time to fly on your own?

Whats your schedule like roach?

That was the problem.. I worked three mornings until like 11:30am.. rest nites. So it left me with two whole days off.. and of course, afternoons, but three of the afternoons I started my cleaning run at like 4pm.. Very little time to devote to tinting. Don't get me wrong - I did very well for my first year on my own... (Which probably many here wouldn't consider good - but it was enough to pay my bills :bingo ) but I know I there are a lot of things I just wasn't able to do because I couldn't devote the time needed... so I can either do both half-a$$ed, or put my best into one.. Which is what I'm trying to do this season. :thumb:bingo

So we'll see. Got a couple more calls.. hopefully they will turn into booked jobs, but like you mentioned, it doesn't always happen that way..

RoAcH

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well when your doing a million things at once, nothing ever comes out ok, people notice, potential customers,

I say if you want to get into the market then commit to it, find yourself a decent shop to start out with or find someone who is willing to share a space, take it from there, slowly slowly your'll start gainign good customers and so on and so on. doing a good job also helps,

but when youur out doing one thing over there and try getting or squeezing in another project, business doesnt really ever grow or start. :bingo

Guest Total tint
well when your doing a million things at once, nothing ever comes out ok, people notice, potential customers,

I say if you want to get into the market then commit to it, find yourself a decent shop to start out with or find someone who is willing to share a space, take it from there, slowly slowly your'll start gainign good customers and so on and so on. doing a good job also helps,

but when youur out doing one thing over there and try getting or squeezing in another project, business doesnt really ever grow or start. :lol2

[*]262598

:lol2

well when your doing a million things at once, nothing ever comes out ok, people notice, potential customers

Agreed.. So far march has been crazy busy.. (for me - I don't know if others would consider it good or bad) I'm almost at my target sales goal for the month. If I can get one more job booked I'll be set. :phone

I think I'm going to be ok.. hopefully by the fall I can ditch the cleaning totally... Especially if march is any indication of how the summer's going to be. It was crazy - all the sudden I got all these calls in like one week, and all the estimates I've given have book. Of course, April could be dead............

RoAcH

Guest Key West

Gotta go with the Devil on this one. He said it straight up and true :uh Welcome to the wonderful world of Tint. ( Do you have a good supply of FUKITOL?) Just don't despair when things get slow. Its part and parcel of it. Like you said, you go a while with nothing, next thing you know your covered up. SELL< SELL< SELL. Market yourself, Network, and above all else trust and believe in yourself. (who else can you count on?) as the Devil would say "Good on ya!"

Guest Key West

Dont forget that this work is SEASONAL. put aside, or better yet get an investment broker, money for the SLOW times. I cant count how many really good tinters I have seen fall victim to the "quick money" syndrome. :uh This business can be a blessing...... or a curse. It all depends on you. From what Ive read from you, you sound like your head is right. I believe you'll do well. Fortune is what you make it, luck has nothing to do with it. I wish you the best. :uh

Fortune is what you make it, luck has nothing to do with it. I wish you the best. :wall

[*]265431

Thanks.. I'm confident that I'll do well, as long as I keep on doing. I have a hard time not burning out on what I'm currently working on.. I'll go full tilt for a while and then just get fed up and not do anything. So far that has *not* happened with tinting, which I think is a good sign. But I like it for the most part.. I like selling myself and the tint to people.... and I'm not half-bad at tinting. :inot

Plus being part of the family here makes it seem like I have a ton of co-workers I can chat with. :dunno:wall

RoAcH

Archived