clickit or ticket...

Guest Zrok

Guest Zrok

this week they started clickit or tickit checking seat belts, but when a south bend officer got shot at on tuesday, they added window tint to their arsenal... they are FINALLY pulling people over RELIGIOUSLY..... here's their mantra..

if they think your windows are too dark they'll stop you and if they meter less than 30% you get a ticket-no questions asked. if they meter less than 20% you get a ticket AND they impound your car as an unsafe vehicle no questions asked. they're FINALLY making a campaign out of this crap and doing something about it. so of course we have to capitalize on it our reader board says "got dark tint? we strip for less" what we're offering is a set price for a 2 door and a set price for a 4 door for removal, if they get the removal coupled with a legal re-install we're offering 20 dollar discount. I've metered a bunch of cars in the last couple days, had one appt. book, and had people tell us that we are the only ones with a VLT meter.. had one cust. call the south bend police and they told him that their cutoff (for meter variance) is actually 25%... so if it's 25% you get a ticket blah blah.... nice that they're allowing a margin of error... also the cust. told the p.d. that we are the only ones with a meter and that if they get calls to send them our way. hope this wave builds cuz tint season forgot about me. :gasp just thought I'd share.

here's the link http://www.wndu.com/news/052004/news_35395.php

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest metint

Tinters will benefit from this petty harrassment in 2 ways...

1. They get to earn plenty a removal fee...

2. They get to stay in business for as long as they are successful

:gasp

Guest thetintshop

I knew OT wasn't gonna like this one. :gasp

but I like it. too many hacks around here doing illegal stuff. might get me some removal of their illegal crap. :) which I have a nice "double if it's illegal" price on my removals.

Guest Blade

They've been doing the clickit or ticket thing here for a few years. When they hit it hard we can tell. Seatbelt and illegal tint tickets go hand in hand. If the cops can't see that you're wearing your seatbelt because your tint's dark then they pull ya over and check. :gasp I love it. It doesn't bother me. I wear my seatbelt anyway.

Archived