SasserB worm

Guest Rama

Guest Rama

I know this doesn't belong in this section, but moderators, do you mind leaving it here for a day or two so more people see it?

Has anyone gotten this and have you figured a way to get rid of it? I have spent hours trying to get rid of it. I have norton installed, and it missed it, it keeps telling me its in my system, but it can't remove it. I've downloaded the microsoft updates, and worm removal tool, symantecs removal tool, and macafee's removal tool. All of them tell me I have the virus and it can't be removed, with the exception of microsoft, which as usual thinks there is no virus. My computer is running soooo slow I can hardly post, it takes about 3 minutes to pull up a topic, or go back to existing one. This is horrible. Startup is about 25 minutes....every little bit the counter pops up and it starts shutting down the whole computer. This is happening on a new dell laptop with XP on it, if it means anything to anyone.

Guest tint man 3

I might be able to help TB, depending on how old your computer is and how much you go on the internet. you might need to delete your cookies and recycle bin. go to start, programs, accessories, system tools, then disk cleanup get rid of the stuff you have lloked at that you dont need. hope this helps. :gasp

Guest Rama

Computer is 2 mo. old, and has been on the internet, maybe at best 10 times. It might help, but I've got to get the worm off of here.

Guest tint man 3

try Norton customer service I am sure they have a down load for it. If not try a recovery disk if you can save all your files.

Guest Rama

Problem finally solved! Norton had a fix on their website that I downloaded when I first had the problem, it alone couldn't fix it. What finally worked was numerous downloads from microsoft, the fix tool from macaffee, and the one from norton, neither could fix it on their own, but one was able to get most of the virus out, and then the other one could pull the rest of it. Ridiculous. But, after 10 hours of fighting with it, its GONE! So nice to have it back to normal speed. Apparently this virus affects Dell computers badly for some reason, probably why the virus programs werent' able to get it off easily. Found out the default setting on Norton was shut off for scanning email, so that is likely why I got the virus in the first place. You'd think by default it would be on, but Noooo....

Moderators, if you want to trash the thread, please do so with my thanks. Any of the rest of you, make sure your virus definitions are up to date and ON!

Archived