back glass tools?

Guest drscotty14

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use a paddle for scooping bondo out of the can and problem cars. Ordered it out of a Eastwood tool catalog. Its about 12" long with a handle and a 2 to 3 inch wide blade square cut on the end beveled on the end and down one side of the blade. Sand the edges smooth and it works great.

Guest sytran666
I use a paddle for scooping bondo out of the can and problem cars. Ordered it out of a Eastwood tool catalog. Its about 12" long with a handle and a 2 to 3 inch wide blade square cut on the end beveled on the end and down one side of the blade. Sand the edges smooth and it works great.

ive been lookimg for one of those! tried looking for one at home depot, couldnt find it though.

does that eastwood place have an online catalog?

nope. actually had a VERY good day. a very long day, but still good. I get to relax, sit and catch up the days events at tintdude, and all I read is newbies not being able to tint. just pisses me off.

I learned the hard way. THE REALLY HARD WAY. no one taught me shiat. I had to learn through trial and error. and it makes me madder than hell (and a little jealous) they have all this free information at their fingertips and still have problems.

:thumb

Guest Al-tint

Tip of the day

To finish the back glass bottom (yes with the deck removed) and after it is all back together and you see a minor spot outside that you did not see inside, I made my own tool.

1 - Dupont paint mixing stick(ruler). metal 12" x 1" thin yet stiff as hell.

1 - Lil' Chisler

1 - 3M VHB or Acrylic foam tape 3" long.

Heat the chisler on the domed side, heat tape and stick to chisler. Heat Dupont paintstick and tape and glue together. You now have a chisler with a 12" handle. In 6 years I have NEVER had one come off and screw up the tint. (I have had to cut it off and relace the chisler as in time the edge will round if you get it too hot)

:rollin

Archived