Best Heat Protection?

Guest mviesel

Guest mviesel

I want to get a tint, mainly for keeping the car interior cool, but not necessarily very dark. Do the semi-reflective tint do better in this regard, or what are the attributes I should look for? Are there particular films you can recommend for best heat protection?

Thanks,

- mark

in this case you DO NOT want a DYED film, your gonna want a metalized high performance film. each film company makes their own version of this type film.

DYDE films are basicly for looks and not much on heat rejection.

HIGH PERFORMANCE METALIZED films do ALOT better job of keeping the heat out.

Guest Litespeeds

You can look into the Huper Optik ceramic window films. The 30% ceramic which has a visible light transmittance of 34% has a solar energy rejection of 61%. There is not much film out there than compare with those numbers but there is a premium for this film as the cost is quite expensive and is very difficult to work with. Please check out some pictures on my website.

Guest mviesel

Thanks for the responses. I got a quote yesterday from a guy who uses Madico film (I think Onyx) for $199 for my Subaru Forester with 20% tint on the back and 35% on the front. That Huper Optik stuff sounds interesting though. About how much more would I expect to pay for that? How would I find out if anyone here in Boise uses that brand?

Also, can anyone explain the various numbers on this chart: http://www.madico.com/AutoSpecs.htm

Thanks,

- mark

Guest Blade
I don't think anyone in Idaho uses Huper but Mark you can call Blade in Idaho and he will help you

Yep we do have a North Idaho location. :lol But I don't know if you want to make the approx. 8 hr. drive to Couer d'Alene. :uh But we don't carry Huper.

Guest mviesel

Eight hours? What are you afraid to get a ticket? Actually I do that drive several times a year (I grew up in CdA). My best time is 6 1/2 hours, but boy I sure had to pee when I got there.

From what I've been reading the Onyx film sounds like decent stuff and the guy who gave me the quote seems to know what he's doing, so I think I'll just go ahead with that.

Thanks,

- mark

Guest mviesel

I don't know much about the guy other than just talking to him, and he showed me around the shop. It's in a brand new complex right near my house, but he says he has 20 years experience. I saw one car he'd done and another he was working on. I don't really know what to look for, but he seems to be someone who takes pride in his work. And he said he'd already done several Foresters -- apparently he likes the frameless door windows and the uncomplicated rear glass :uh

- mark

Archived