12 yrs old leather....what now??

Guest steveo30

Guest steveo30

I got a used interior thats 12 yrs old, its pretty good shape but has usual wear n creases

I got some cleaner ...and I didnt remove much dirt,then ive been putting on conditioner

trouble is..it doesnt feel any softer or look any better(well maybe slightly)

I used products from www.liquidleather.com any suggestions on better stuff AND how do I know when its as good as it gets ??

Get some Lexol leather conditioner and wipe it in useing your hand ...every inch....do this a minimum of once a week and you will have softer leather in no time.Being a 90's vehicle it probabley had a protective coating{had}Also great for those rough hands :thumb You can use a old sock over your hand also :thumb

Guest steveo30

its a vw with black leather....dunno about coatings, I guess it has a coating as theres a few tiny brown spots where its worn off

Automobiles today have a protective coating on just about every aspect of the vehicle you can think off :shock Paint ...trim...vinyl...leather...tires....rims....you must educate yourself on what your vehicle has ...to what product you may want to use or better yet :rollin TAKE IT TO A PRO :lol A pro detailer at a minumim has "Insurance..a good standing with BBB...and usually has an Ad done by a professional agency :lol A clean shop and surrounding..and if the employees look like the Hells Angels protection collectors,then you may want to check a little closer,before they service your vehicles :rollin Just be educated and use common sense :)

Guest Every last detail

Contact a mobile interior repair person, they could give you some ideas of what it will take to restore the leather.

Archived