Teaching my wife to tint

Guest crewdog10

Guest Sprinter

:idea @ sl*t!

only if she lost a job and could'nt get another one in a short time then I'd have her working with me, we used to work together for 6 years in the pet food business, and yes you'd have to force the family to quit!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tinterjim

I taught my wife how to do side windows, but we have 3 children so she has to stay at home and take care of them. All the crap I put up with at work is no comparison to staying home with 3 kids. I definatly got the good end of the deal :idea

Teaching my wife to tint

Hell , Id be happy if someone would train mine to COOK AND CLEAN :rollin

:shock Do it yourself sl*t!! :rollin

Teach her to tint if she wants to learn. When Mr P and I were first dating I wanted to learn, so he started teaching me quarters. Then I started doing roll-ups and so on. What is funny is when Mr P and I are either tinting a car together or side by side it becomes very, very quiet. We hardly say a word to each other when we are working :lol

Remember her being able to tint and being able to work together are two totally different things :lol

TTC :)

my husband and I tint together. mostly I prep and do fixed windows on cars the computer can't cut. the plotter is my friend... clean, snip, squirt and squeegee. he can hand-cut. I can't hand-cut... yet. I'm learning though. his hand is so steady, I suppose I'm not that bad, but my cuts don't look like his.

on the flip side, he doesn't do the plotter. mostly because whenever I try to show him how... it misbehaves. it's a fickle beast.

we've always been able to work together. we share a car hobby, and we worked together on project cars before we were married. we built a car together for a magazine competition and that was like the ultimate test. it was during the build-up that we got engaged.

-- carrie

Guest S and S

It started out as me doing vinyl and him tint but he wanted to teach me for health reasons so when he dies I have something to turn to and still be at home. Since my shop is beside my house it works out great. If I dont have anything here I can clean and cook and do the housewife duties or be out there. After a few years I took the biz over. But the hardest for me was doors. I could tint a back glass by myself within a couple of months with no probs but the roll ups scared me!!! :passout

Guest Rama

We started out as a husband and wife team. My husband was a horrible teacher for me, and I was too worked up about ruining film as it was expensive. Anyone else he probably could have taught, but not his own wife. I easily learned how to do flat glass, but not cars. Then again, things are alot easier now. Back then it was the days before heat shrinking, so rears had to be multi pieced. Also, the edge was cut by hand, not filed on the doors like now. I just don't have a super steady hand. The way we tint now, I could probably learn fairly quickly, but have no desire to now. I'm out selling at least 4 days a week, all day. The other days are left for catching up, or trying to attempt to clean up after our 5 little kids.

My husband and I work well together, but reality of it is we are both best at certain things, and luckily for us they are different. Its hard to run a business together and have a good relationship outside of work. Most due to the fact that you get in work mode 24-7 and life is all about work, even outside of work. We discuss our business at all times, wake up in the middle of the night, more likely than not, its going to be some business issue we will discuss.

Most people treat their wives different than they would an employee, employees get more slack, and are expected to screw up, wives are supposed to be perfect and never make mistakes. Basically, you let your guard down with your wife in a way you wouldn't with an employee. So treat her like an employee and not your wife, and good luck!

My wife grew up as the secretary at her father's shop when she was 12 years old. She always says to me "Iv'e been tinting since before you were born." :uh Truth is that she has never even touched a piece of film and has no desire to. Although I wish she did.

She is a cosmotologist :lol

Guest crewdog10
Most people treat their wives different than they would an employee, employees get more slack, and are expected to screw up, wives are supposed to be perfect and never make mistakes.  Basically, you let your guard down with your wife in a way you wouldn't with an employee.  So treat her like an employee and not your wife, and good luck!

I think that I can be hard on my wife at times, but she gives it back just the same. :lol:uh I don't like the thought of wasting rolls of tint on a slow learner (she might be a fast learner too), so I'm going to ask her if she wants to invest in a roll of tint to learn with. And then, when she gets better she can use mine to install on jobs. This might work better for us so that I don't get mad :uh everytime she makes a mistake.

Archived