thanks

Guest learner

Guest learner

hello everyone, I am new here and visited here the past few days and have already aquired a great deal of pointers from all you experienced tinters. I was looking in the tip of the week forum about the puckers on the defrost lines after applying the film and someone said that they were going to post it there in the tip of the week and I couldn't find it. I am using Johnsons sp line of tint if that helps since I have been tinting. I am going to start using the dry shrinking methods if I can master them, I have heard of them but scared to try them until I read all the tips on this site. It can sometimes take me 30 -45 minutes to shrink some of the harder back glasses will this cut down my time and about what degree of heat gun works the best?? Sorry for the long post and questions.

I still use the wet shrink method for most cars and I have been tinting for about 4 years. the only time I use the dry shrink is on harder back glasses like eclipse or beetle etc. it does go a little fatser on those cars for me but on others I prefer the wet method.

Guest nautiboi73

same here. I always wet, unless I just feel the need to dry. I have to say that the dryer sheets was the best tip that I got as far as dry shrinking. give it a try and it will go alot smoother thatn any other method of dry shrinking.

Guest Blade

WOW......I'm surprised that there are still wet shrinkers out there. I use either the dryer sheet method or the azz-lathered ivory soap method. The soap's more fun though. :rollin:rollin